How do you create autofilled new tabs?

Options
Pretty much as per the title - I would like to be able to create duplicate tabs with the name and phone number already populated.

The best example I think would be for when doing the baeur radio comps. I have not minded too much doing it manually when there are only 6 entries, but last Friday there were loads (5 separate comps x 30 entries = 150 :eek:) and it took a long time.

I usually use Firefox but if it is not possible to do this in FF I could use a different browser.
I tried a couple of add-ons, I downloaded AutoHotKey :huh::huh::huh: tried various tips from google and searching the forum. I presume that it is here somewhere but I am using the wrong search terms.

Thank you :beer:

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by "duplicate tabs".

It's certainly possible to use AutoHotKey to capture your personal details and replay them upon request.

There is a tutorial here which is pretty thorough:

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm

e.g. if you want to send your name...
    ^+n::
       Send Cornucopia
       Return

If you put that in your .AHK file then every time you press <Shift><Control>N, it will playback the letters of your name. If your cursor is positioned in the name box on the webpage, then it will go into that field.

Adding {TAB} after your name will skip forward to the next box.

So, you'd need a few different keys with different bits of personal info, but this is probably the simplest way to do it.
  • ROBDOLPHIN66
    ROBDOLPHIN66 Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by "duplicate tabs".

Thank you Cornucopia.

For example - I want to be able to open 1 tab with the radio competition form, autofill it and then create copies of that tab which are already filled in as per the original one.

Hopefully makes more sense / explains it better.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks.

There are various add-ons for Firefox and one for Chrome that claim to do this. However, I tried a couple on a competition page and they don't work (which suggests that the page may have some protections against automated entries).

The AutoHotKey method definitely works, and because it runs on Windows, not within the Browser it's unlikely that a competition operator could block it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure