PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 12th February 2019

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 12 February 2019 at 7:39AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 12th February 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still pitch black here, not raining and now dry underfoot, and there's been a frost.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly, there's pancake batter in the fridge, he's requested pancakes with lemon juice and brown sugar.

Dinner tonight will be duck legs in red wine with mash and veg. I remembered to get the duck legs out to defrost overnight. Dinner last night was breaded chicken portion for DH and DS1 with smoked sausage and mushroom pasta in a creme fraiche sauce - lovely it was clean plates all round.

Yesterday was another either manic or dead - a good part of it manic, it seems this will be the way it is certainly for the coming weeks but the day just flew by.

Hairdresser coming tonight so we'll be eating a bit later, but food needs a while in the oven so I'm going to get it in the oven before she comes then I can always turn it down if I need to.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Quiet start on here today, I hope that means the insomniacs have slept better. After my good night Sunday I was back to fitful sleeping again last night. Bah!

It feels a bit nippy but we are set to reach double figures later - 10 deg. Wow. But I am under no illusion that it will last as we quite often get snow well into March.

The CBA jobs got done yesterday. The freezer sort outs got finished and a new inventory made up. This time I will keep on top of it! All the DGDs' bedding got ironed and the beds re-made. Note to self here - do not wash all the lot at the same time in future as it left me exhausted!

Nice easy day today. I am meeting my oldest buddy for our Tuesday coffee get-together, followed by lunch and a browse of the shops. I like Tuesdays!

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for the poorlies, sad, worried or lonely. TAFF, POLLY, HOLLY and STEVE in my thoughts. OL at least now you know what the problem is and hopefully something can be done to ease the pain. BOZWOOD I hope your DD had a better day at school. Girls can be so cruel to each other. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

I'll be heading back home in about an hour. My trip was to be here when my DM's new mattress was to be delivered early this morning, well in the late afternoon the delivery bloke phoned to ask if he could deliver at half past six. Of course the answer was 'yes'. So, it's all done, no early morning shuffles or sleeping in a strange bed.

For now I hope that things are fine with everyone. Happy Tuesday.

(Shetland starts tonight :j)
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

It was such a lovely day yesterday that when I had been to the supermarket I took a slow stroll home through the part in the sunshine. It certainly feels like spring is finally on the way now.

Today I really must dust through and give the bathroom a clean but that will have to be this afternoon because I’ve got a hospital appointment this morning.

Yesterday I was looking for something in a kitchen cupboard and ended up with everything out on the worktop and still couldn’t find what I was looking for. I will have to go through those cupboards at some point, but not for a while.

Take care everyone x
  • silver-oldie
    Options
    Good morning all

Thank you for starting us off nmlc

Lovely day here yesterday, so mild, managed to line dry the laundry.

Life is the same old, nothing much ever happens which in one way I suppose is good.

Thoughts are with everyone finding life difficult at the moment

Take care all
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Seems a lot cooler here today but meant to be a lovely day :j its the lovely Tuesday group today so all is good. Tea cakes and Lasagne today !!

Not sure about dinner tonight will go and look in freezer after this there is some chicken in breadcrumbs in there or some pork joint but I need to see if it can be cooked from frozen if so we will have that with mash and veg.

Quick tidy round tonight and will put a wash on.

Have good days all xx
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    I was up early for me as I have been awake since 5 and heard Ly1a start grumbling so came down before she woke the household! Of course she's snoozing away again now.The house feels cold and a quick look outside confirms the car windscreens are frozen again.
    This morning I want to pop in town to pick up a click & collect book from the works, and then call in to see Auntie on the way back. Its a recipe book for my new instant pot and was a lot cheaper than most others out there.Made a lovely beef stew last night and had it with crusty bread.I put it on the keep warm function after we'd eaten,as DS2 was at the gym so he just helped himself once he'd showered.
    Right better get dressed and get the kettle on. I hope you all have a good day x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning, thank you for starting us off nmlc.

I had a lie in today, until nearly 5 o'clock, although I did get up for a quick wee earlier.

Today I need to do our bed, which I meant to do yesterday but got sidetracked. As ever, there is washing to do and I'm hoping to get some out on the line - even if it doesn't dry fully, it always seems fresher and nicer.

Car is going into the garage for some modification on recall, hopefully we'll have it back later and then it goes in for the MOT later in the week. I'm hoping it will be usable on Thursday as my postponed meeting with a voluntary organisation is then. I could go on the train though.

Other than that, not a great deal happening here. It sounds as though the equine flu thing has been managed which must be good news for Lainey and Mehefin.

Holly, I was thinking that spring seems not too far off, too.

Thinking of those of us who are worried, sad of unwell.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Good morning, it's dry here, don't think it's that cold though. It seems darker than it should be, don't know if rain is forecast.

TA, this insomniac slept better, after a run of rubbish nights. Hope you enjoy your day out.

I'm going to Tai Chi, then on to visit one of my friends from Tai Chi who has been ill. I'll buy some sandwiches for us both at Gr*ggs, and have lunch with her.

The landing cupboard is coming on well, it's a big cupboard and the contents are in the spare bedroom. Hope no one wants to come and stay, they would get lost in all the stuff, The bed is covered in coats anyway, out of the cupboard.

it'll be our usual quiz tonight, and that'll be Tuesday sorted.

Thinking of the sad and poorly.

Take care folks
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everyone,

It's confirmed: I have the cold. I also have a sore head but that might be due to the clash of heads I suffered at football on Sunday. So I'm a bit of a wet towel for now. I'll survive.

Yesterday, I was first in work and last out. Busy but productive. Home to make my dinner, prep my lunch and go to bed just after 9. A restless night was had but I'm first in work again. I've brought my gym stuff and depending on how I feel, I might visit afterwards.

Need to go and cross check my bank, now that it's caught up with last weeks activities, with YNAB and also put my expense form in too.

Gers - Ah, I'm with you now. Did I see Dibby on a Attenborough documentary once?
    Scarlet - Good luck tonight.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning!Little prince is in, crawling in every available space at the moment. The little princess came round yesterday as well, thought she'd been given away, we haven't seen her since the summer.
    SPaghetti for me last night, chilli for OH, there was enough spaghetti left for my dinner today but unfortunately, I leave the gas on low underneath when I'm mixing in the sauce and cheese, I plated up, forgot it was on low. I was sniffing away for a while when we were watching something, thinking I could smell something..I could, it was the remainder of the pasta burning merrily away....doh!
    Todays plans are hospital and search for P60's when I get back. Two will be online, no idea where the third one is.

Still on the sofa so joining the SOS morse code sleepers....
    Holly, fun remember? not chores :) TA, healthy stick sleep bashing...Good luck with the quiz scarlet and hope your head gets better speky :) Gers, result! Hope your car gets done quickly AOD, reminds me, I have to call about mine. Wotcha Poppy, tru.
    Thunderingly good Tuesday everyone.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure