school dresses £2 asda

Options
2»

Comments

• thingimijigs
    Options
    frizz_head wrote:
    :mad: There are two schools in our area that wear yellow dresses, but our local Asda does not sell that colour - all others except yellow!:mad:

Hi, we are trying to collate a list of schools names and towns that wear unusual colours ie pink, lilac, lemon, so that we can make sure we supply them in the future - please can anyone PM me with the schools names?
  • wosters
    wosters Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, in response to thingimijigs post - we are in Stafford and our school requires Pink & White. Our local ASDA does sometimes stock it but it is rare and we usually have the blue and red only.....
  • bear1
    bear1 Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wosters wrote:
    Hi, in response to thingimijigs post - we are in Stafford and our school requires Pink & White. Our local ASDA does sometimes stock it but it is rare and we usually have the blue and red only.....

check out your local Adams, they are now trialling pink and white and lilac and white dresses, if they dont have them in i am sure they will be happy to order them in for you from another store, if you let your local Adams know the colours you need they can usually get them allocated to them from head office for the following terms.With regards to what colours the stores will stock it is really down to customer demand, if two customers go in and ask for a particular colour it won`t be brought in, if 80 customers go in and ask for a colour it would be allocated to the store straight away, i am sure it is like this with most companies, so parents need to get together and visit the store they want to get their dresses from and let the store know they will be buying them HTH:)
  • thingimijigs
    Options
    thanks for the PM I have received, if there are any more please let me know
  • super41
    super41 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Lots of Yellow dresses left in the York Asda. I managed to get the last red one which just happened to be the size I wanted. Thanks for the tip!
  • loisamelia
    loisamelia Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldnt touch ASDA's school uniform.I bought some trousers for ds1 and they all but fell apart, hems seams came undone then most embarrasing of all the seam under the zip came apart on both pairs I had bought
    Sometimes slightly more expensive clothes are cheaper in the end
  • Colin2511
    Colin2511 Posts: 738 Forumite
    Options
    HI, Does anyone know of yellow dresses in Lancs? I have tried ringing Burnley, Bury, Accrington and Colne but no joy, I am going to Manchester on Thursday so if there are any local to there it would be great

cheers
  • babyangel10
    babyangel10 Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just as an additional FYI - Asda Walmart Derby were selling a 4 pack of girls school tights for £4 instead of the usual £5 but they still scanned at a fiver.

So check your receipts folks! (and yes, I did get my £2 giftcard too! :D Although I did have to ask for it and the girl said that they are trying to phase it out. They only give it if asked now) :)
  • Moglie
    Moglie Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Colin2511 wrote: »
    HI, Does anyone know of yellow dresses in Lancs? I have tried ringing Burnley, Bury, Accrington and Colne but no joy, I am going to Manchester on Thursday so if there are any local to there it would be great

cheers

Possibly too far but Asda Huyton (Liverpool) had plenty of yellow.
  • aaron9969
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    We have exactly the same problem (Brighton area). Asda, Woolworths, M&S, you name the shop, they don't stock yellow. If you ask they say 'oh, didn't think any schools round here wore yellow' (even in stores less than 1 mile from the school!).:mad:

Same goes for brown school trousers, used to be able to get them, now phased out of Bhs and Adams over the years!

A full range of brown girls school trousers are available from Schoolwear Scotland 0141889467 they have only two styles on line but if you phone them they have 6 or 7 styles in Brown .they also do every colour of summer dresses for girls. for their website you can google them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure