MoneySaving Poll: Which US presidential candidate would you vote for if you could?

Options
Poll started 23 February 2016

Which US presidential candidate would you vote for if you could?

The campaign to select a US President has started; the two main parties there are the Democrats (more liberal) and Republicans (more conservative).

If you could vote for US President who would you choose? We’ve listed the main candidates (in order of their results in the US selection process so far).

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Looks like Hillary for President so far
  • 5555tt
    5555tt Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Clinton is trustworthy , reliable etc. trump is all about himself , narcissistic ego maniac ; am thinking though he's playing the bad canidiate as he's really pinnind on running again the next time around to pretend the has changed attitude to nice caring guy.
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You seem to be able to vote more than once.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I went for Trump just for the entertainment factor.
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I went for Trump just for the entertainment factor.

The thing is, a lot of Yanks might just do the same thing and he ends up winning 'just for the entertainment'
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    The thing is, a lot of Yanks might just do the same thing and he ends up winning 'just for the entertainment'

This could get entertaining!:eek:
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Trump is a danger to the world!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • happyinflorida
    Options
    I am really shocked at how many would vote for Clinton! She would be as bad a choice as Trump, she's a lying scheming untrustworthy !!!!!.

Shocking how many believe our media - get real people, start watching Russia Today for news and do not read our papers and believe them please,
  • cepheus
    cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2016 at 11:11PM
    Options
    This chart provides an idea where these candidates stand.

us2016.png

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016

Bernie Saunders who like Jeremy Corbyn in the UK are the only ones who offer a real alternative to the Big Business friendly, neo-liberal candidate monopoly on offer. Sanders is the first left of centre choice the Americans have ever had, at least in living memory, or possibly since Franklin D Roosevelt.

The media know that and will demonise them to placate their paymasters. Clinton is just another right wing neo-liberal whose politically similar to Blair. That's why she got on so well with the Blairite David Miliband when he was foreign secretary. I think Trump should be off the chart here, the ultimate nutjob candidate.
  • cepheus
    cepheus Posts: 20,053 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2016 at 11:10PM
    Options
    I am really shocked at how many would vote for Clinton! She would be as bad a choice as Trump, she's a lying scheming untrustworthy !!!!!.

Shocking how many believe our media - get real people, start watching Russia Today for news and do not read our papers and believe them please,

RT wouldn't be a bad channel if it wasn't for the fact they support another nutjob, Putin! At least they provide some real questions for the UK government which the Beeb should be offering.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure