Bank Holidays

Options
I work part-time and get paid by the hour. I get paid a set amount of hours each month, but if I go over the set amount of hours I get paid that number of hours. I get paid 52 hours a month. This month I did 70 hours and there were 2 bank holidays. My question is, should I add the bank holiday hours (which would be two per day) when I submit my total hours? My contract says I get paid for bank holidays plus 25 days holiday but I can't work out if the amount I get paid per month includes those bank holidays/holiday entitlement. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you please confirm:
    1. Your business closes on BHs so you can't actually work them, is that right?
    2. You would usually work 2 hours on each of those BHs?

If yes to both, you need to confirm whether or not your company expects you to submit actual hours worked then takes account of BH hours, or whether they expect *you* to include them. They should be paid (according to your contract), but no-one can tell you how they do that calculation.

My gut feel is that the most sensible approach is to take the 52 that you're paid for (as that should include BHs anyway), and add on any ADDITIONAL hours you've done - which would come to 74, from what you've said. But I would double check otherwise you won't be paid correctly.

HTH
    KiKi
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First, is it the case that you are contracted to work 2 hours a day, five days a week (other than when you are on holiday of course)?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure