Quest for Financial Freedom

Options
124»

Comments

• Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy new year, great job on the overpayments!

Thanks, Petronisoup, Happy new year to you and I hope this year you make leaps and bounds :beer:
  • Zola.
    Options
    Other frugal wins of this week:

- I made a huge batch of leek and potato soup with bacon lardons, so good. Lovely with a tiger baton!
    - I also made a large pasta bake which should do another couple of days
    - Stocked up the freezer with quick meals to save grocery bill for next week.

Frugal fails

- I bought a Karcher power washer for £170... I have calculated that I need to wash the car about 40 times for it to pay for itself! Its a great job though. Our back yard really needs doing, I started it last night and it's amazing how dirty it is. Its quite a relaxing job actually to do, almost therapeutic!
  • Zola.
    Options
    I see the Euromillions winner has came forward, £115M....

I think I would want to stay private.

You would have to emigrate surely? No doubt you'd be a target for gangs etc. That much money would probably ruin your life in a weird way? You wouldn't be able to trust anyone!
  • Zola.
    Options
    I haven't updated my diary in quite some time.

Life has been busy, my baby has turned into a toddler, he is so much fun now. We are both working hard and saving as much as possible each month without impacting our enjoyment of life too much. We have been investing quite consistently and upped our pension contributions.

It's crazy that child care is more expensive than our mortgage. :eek:

On the mortgage, we upped the monthly payments recently to £750, remaining balance is now £108,000. Coming down not too bad... My goal by this time next year is to have it under 100k. Then the race really begins!

We will be coming to the end of a 5 year fix (3.09%) in April. I am hoping now that with a much better LTV (I reckon about 60%), we should be able to negotiate a much better deal.

Would I be wise taking a 2 or 3 year fixed deal instead of a 5 again?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure