Options

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 October 2015 at 12:19PM
    Options
    Someone must be taking the !!!! in GO again - move requested

(There is not another fault with the !!!!s they do replace a mildly offensive word)
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Right, here goes with phase two of my suggestion. In my opinion, this is being done deliberately. Perhaps by one person using multiple identities, or perhaps by more than one person. It's being done either just 'for fun', or because someone is trying to get us to alter the thread in a way that suits them. E.g. it might be that they want to provoke us into abandoning the thread and posting all the comps on the main board instead.

If I'm right then I think we should treat them as trolls, and resist the urge to 'feed them'. If it's a deliberate act, they will be getting off on the responses they are provoking. So I suggest that when it happens someone should simply notify a BG and post a short, emotionless comment here to say they've done so. With no other comments from them, or anyone else.

If we stop giving them the response they clearly want, they will probably give up at some point. Even if they don't stop, I think it is still preferable to stop providing them with the responses they're looking for.

What do others think?

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • Painkiller
    Painkiller Posts: 6,146 Forumite
    Options
    I think you'd be better off asking a moderator to look into who has been expiring the thread and, if it's the same person or group of people, take action against them.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,916 Forumite
    Options
    Make this thread and the other one a sticky = job done.
  • marialionza
    marialionza Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I do hope you are not talking about an accident I had a few days ago whereby I click ACCIDENTALLY spam but corrected it soon after. Just that. Sorry if I didn't mentioned it I didn't think it necessary...But maybe you are talking about something else...In that case sorry again...
    Thanks to those who help us to win !
    <3
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Painkiller wrote: »
    I think you'd be better off asking a moderator to look into who has been expiring the thread and, if it's the same person or group of people, take action against them.

we don't have 'moderators' on MSE we have Board Guides,
    Board Guide Role Description
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=103395
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Blulu
    Options
    I do hope you are not talking about an accident I had a few days ago whereby I click ACCIDENTALLY spam but corrected it soon after. Just that. Sorry if I didn't mentioned it I didn't think it necessary...But maybe you are talking about something else...In that case sorry again...

Nah. We've all done that. One accidental click does not a Game Over make. Besides, if you corrected it, I'm nearly certain it puts it back to being as if you hadn't done it in the first place.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Blulu wrote: »
    Right, here goes with phase two of my suggestion. In my opinion, this is being done deliberately. Perhaps by one person using multiple identities, or perhaps by more than one person. It's being done either just 'for fun', or because someone is trying to get us to alter the thread in a way that suits them. E.g. it might be that they want to provoke us into abandoning the thread and posting all the comps on the main board instead.

If I'm right then I think we should treat them as trolls, and resist the urge to 'feed them'. If it's a deliberate act, they will be getting off on the responses they are provoking. So I suggest that when it happens someone should simply notify a BG and post a short, emotionless comment here to say they've done so. With no other comments from them, or anyone else.

If we stop giving them the response they clearly want, they will probably give up at some point. Even if they don't stop, I think it is still preferable to stop providing them with the responses they're looking for.

What do others think?

Blu X

agreed blu, same as you posted for puzzler thread,
    though it should also be reported to the team
    so they can monitor why it's happening &
    by who.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Blulu
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    agreed blu, same as you posted for puzzler thread,
    though it should also be reported to the team
    so they can monitor why it's happening &
    by who.

Good point and GREAT signature :D

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised