Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    A little bird tells me you had a lovely lunch, :D:D ( more vino anyone ?)

xxxxxxxx
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Good company & fun :) xxxxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    I now have a flipping hair disaster.
    You could not make it up :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• cynicaldoc
    cynicaldoc Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

New to the forum. What is the easiest way to overpaying the mortgage? Just phone up and give your card details, or do it online, or start a monthly standing order?

Or alternatively, shorten the term and thus permanently 'overpay'?
  • beanielou
    Options
    cynicaldoc wrote: »
    Hello

New to the forum. What is the easiest way to overpaying the mortgage? Just phone up and give your card details, or do it online, or start a monthly standing order?

Hello & welcome :wave:

• beanielou
    Options
    cynicaldoc wrote: »
    Hello

I personally do two things.
    I OP by a fixed amout every month which is collected with my monthly SO by my BS.
    I also sometimes make OP's by bill payments which I have set up to pay as & when I choose (or not)

• beanielou
    Options
    Lovely chinese to celebrate DS & GF's final degree marks.
    Very pleased & proud of them both for their acomplishments.
    Graduation soon & then on to Masters :grin:
    DS has also secured a wee summer job so all good in my world today!!

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,288 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hooray to good day :) Lovely to hear you sounding so upbeat, long may it continue.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hooray to good day :) Lovely to hear you sounding so upbeat, long may it continue.

Thank you SA.
    I dont mean to sound cheesed off or grumpy.

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Right lovely peeps.
    Two things.
    Crack in patio door very definatly getting bigger.

Tape it. Before it gets any bigger. You can also touch a drop of *thin* super-glue on it, and it will get drawn into the crack by capillary action. Do both ends of the crack. Cracks spread from the ends, they don't grow from the middle.

Whatever you do, recognise it's only a temporary fix.
    Secondly, any ideas for a wee minder graduation gift from the cat?

A dead field mouse? ;)
    I am very tired & pain levels are very high.
    Scunnered sums it up.

:grouphug:
    Have ordered next car & for the first time in a long time will have a deposit to pay.
    I am worth it :rotfl:

4505053692_90fce2dbbb_z.jpg
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    Whispers to Z.
    Same make of car as you had in The Burgh.
    Can you imagine me getting in and out of the yellow one :rotfl: :rotfl:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback