Bus Passes and PIP

Options
Hi

When applying for those disabled concessionary bus passes, which page of the Personal Independence Payment award letter does the council need?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    *bump*

:)
  • Mav6215
    Mav6215 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    When I applied I asked for a letter from the local health clinic that I am under confirming my need for the pass which was acceptable. I never mentioned PIP.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,834 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I suspect that the proof required may vary from council to council, so you may be better off approaching the individual council in question as unless anyone lives in the same area their response may not be relevant.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

When applying for those disabled concessionary bus passes, which page of the Personal Independence Payment award letter does the council need?
    If they asked for a copy of that letter, then why not just send them copies of all the pages?
  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There is nothing on the Essex County Council web site to suggest that entitlement to PIP qualifies you for a disabled bus pass. As mentioned, rules might be different for other councils.

It is however the case the PIP qualifies you for a Disabled Persons Railcard.
  • Sillym00
    Sillym00 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    I can't find my paperwork to tell you exactly which page it is you should send but I know what you're taking about. IIRC there's a separate sheet which talks about car tax exemption, I think it was this that I emailed to them. You could scan each page and email it all if you're not sure.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If your council has requested your PIP award letter (you can check via the YouGov website what proof your council requires, as p00hsticks says, they vary - https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-disabled-bus-pass). I'd think you just need a copy of the front page that states you are getting help with daily living needs and/or mobility needs? It doesn't need to be the full thing with a breakdown of what they are paying you.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mine was quite good as the same department dealt with the Blue Badge and the bus pass- they just used the proof I sent for the blue badge which was all 13 or so pages of my award letter!
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure