Mis sold timeshares now on band waggon !!

Options
Not sure if this is for real or just scammers jumping on the "mis sold" bandwaggon.

I clicked on a link today cancelourtimeshare (yes all one word) as I have heard from other members that cases are being heard for mis selling of timeshares and maintainance fees.

This company claims no win no fee, however will take a massive 40% of any compansation win.

They also claim they are part of a/the "Class Action Group" and has sucessfully won compensation in the USA against RCI.This is correct but not for mis selling time shares, thia case was for not being able to get desired selection when requesting holidays.

The " class action group" also state that they can disolve timeshare contracts on the basis that they were mis sold in the first place.

I am interested if anyone in the UK has had any success in getting rid of thier timeshare this way.

Comments

• Vivibrains
    Vivibrains Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 June 2018 at 2:07PM
    Options
    I have had the same sort of enquiry although they wanted £6000 - refunded when you win - plus 25%. like you I would like to know if anyone has had any success?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vivibrains wrote: »
    I have had the same sort of enquiry although they wanted £6000 - refunded when you win - plus 25%. like you I would like to know if anyone has had any success?

There are numerous topics on this, it's an utter scam, if they were confident of winning, why on earth would they need £6000 up front? Don't get scammed by these companies

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?searchid=177269900
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Blimey, timeshares.... they've been a problem for 40 years of my memory! I remember "winning" one once, all I had to do was fill in the form to claim my prize. I tore it up because I knew once they've got you, they've got you for life... or, more importantly, they've got your wallet.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    andyfras wrote: »
    Link doesn't work

Weird, it was a just a search for "time share" limited to this forum

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?searchid=177350884
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Links to searches "time out". Select the actual thread(s) and link to that.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Alternatively click on "Forum Search" at the top and search for "time share" - limit "search in forum" to "Reclaim PPI & Other insurance" as that seems to be where these end up

Or just think logically and don't give money to companies to investigate a time share refund as they would be able to get the money from the refund if they were confident of success
  • andyfras_2
    andyfras_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried searching as recommended and got nowhere (it must be me). We are trying to get MiL out of 2 timeshares with Palm Beach in Tenerife. We're not expecting any money back, we just want to stop paying maintenance "in perpetuity". A company called Claims Solution Group reckon that they can get the 2 contracts cancelled for £4,500. I feel that there must be a better (cheaper) way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure