HMRC bankrupt or do we do it ?

Options
124»

Comments

• luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    The trustee will take their fees out first, this can be a huge amount mine was just over £24,000
  • threeofus
    threeofus Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    That's about the same as his, so the people he owed money too is even less! Yet they will make two children homeless... I've paid into a home for 17 years and will lose it it seems so unfair to me
  • Zonker
    Zonker Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 November 2018 at 5:55PM
    Options
    I read your rant and felt your pain. My brother (and roommate) let out ex step father (no idea what hyphens that required) did his taxes about 10-15 years back. Long story short is that my gym-running brother signed off on some VERY shoddy and nefarious paperwork. HMRC rightly caught on and proceeded to haunt my brother for the last 5-10 years. They claimed all kinds of things, including him having second job (he never has)... and reminding him the burden of proof was his to bear. Prove God doesn't exist? Sure, I'll give it a shot, ya sadist !!!!!!!s. Anyway, if he didn't have three kids, he'd have long ago committed suicide from the pressure and malice from HMRC. He has a car (crappy), we rent... they want £130,000... now. The woman running the show quizzed my mother about groceries he'd bought her on his card (then received cash from her)... asking why she needed two flavours of marmalade.

Filing bankruptcy now... through HMRC... I have a feeling he shouldn't have gone through them but they demanded it...
  • luvchocolate
    Options
    This thread is over 11 years old!!!!

Please start a new one if you want response ....many changes through the years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure