Waivering Court Fee On Benefits

hi my friend has been this week to cab and theyve said she has to have the £150 and then they will give it her back? Is this right, ive got the £335 I need (goes up April typical!) but not the £150.

Also what proof of benefits do you need? my hubby is pending incapacity benefit and top up with income support, will that cover us both for the waiver of court fees?

Were also on child tax credits does this count?
no longer miserable in debt.... :T but dont know how to change my id!!:beer:

Comments

• Hi MIS

the best advice i can give would be to ring and ask the clerk at the court as it seems to differ from court to court although i cant figure out why .
    Official DFW NERD 189

I may be a woman but dont hold it against me:D

Officially declared Br 6/11/06

Discharged Br 4/5/07 (6 months to the day)

BCSC MEMBER 21
  • I think you should ring the court where you're going to have your case heard, as I don't think that information is correct. When I was at my court, people produced their exemption form plus proof of what benefit they were on. Also, my court wasn't taking the court fee from anyone petitioning for their own bankruptcy, so whether someone was on benefits or not didn't come into it. That's why I only paid the £325 instead of having to hand over the £150 court fee as well - I work full-time & don't get any benefits, so I fully expected to pay it, but they said I was exempt & told me why.

If you're near enough to the court to go there, then I think you should do that, otherwise phone them. Explain that you're petitioning for your own bankruptcy & ask if you have to pay the court fee, & get whatever they say in writing. Ask them what proof you need if you're on benefits - you can find out more about fees exemption here & you can also download the exemption form from there, but ask the court as well.
  • Hi there, well i went in last week, and they would only take my tax credit forms, and nothing else.(not the little card you get) And its £325, its already gone up in our courts. Hope this helps alittle bit, But i did ring up my local court. And they told me what to bring.
    SAW THE LIGHT JAN 2007:eek:

BR AS OF 10.15 27/03/07:j

MY NEW LIFE STARTED 10.16 27/03/07
    :beer:
  • savagevixen
    savagevixen Posts: 1,276 Forumite
    Hi there,
    You usually have to pay at our local court. In the letter I received with the forms, it outlined the fees and the accepted benefits. The letter said in most circumstances child tax credit, or tax credits with the disability allowance would be accepted. However the clerk was a ****** and made a real issue of it. Hmmm-ing and haa-ing and checking with someone (out of view) them commenting that at face value it looked like we may be exempt, but he wasn't sure.... 10 mins later he said 'Yes thats fine, #650 please."
    So just check your local courts policy.
    :starmod: I am not that savage :heartpuls But I am a Vixen :staradmin
  • uther_2
    uther_2 Posts: 174 Forumite
    I took my income support form in,that was accepted for me and OH.
  • thankyou alll so much your all fab you really are, i can always count on answers here!!!

im got appt with cab next week, do i need to get the forms myself?
  • plumduff-2
    plumduff-2 Posts: 435 Forumite
    http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/form6-27.doc

&

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/6-28.doc

You could print them out yourself to ensure everything goes ahead... be a shame not to, then get to CAB and they hagvent got copies...

Here is the form for fee exemption too... This tells you exactly what benefit you have to be on to be exempt...

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/6-28.doc

& guidance...

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex160a_0406.pdf
    Hi - im a member of the Debt Help UK FORUM...
  • Thankyou so much will get them all printed off!! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure