Hitachi Personal Finance

Options
jellybean0k
jellybean0k Posts: 32 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Due to unforeseen circumstances (loss of wages due to illness for 6 months) up until now we've managed to scrape by without suffering too much. But now my husbands PIP has stopped and is under review, so we're up a creek without a paddle, however, a consolidating loan will help tonnes.

After the MSE check, Hitachi Personal Finance came out tops, and I just wondered if anyone has had any dealings with them. I've never had a loan before, so I'm in unknown territory here.

Also, if I were to pay off a loan earlier (planning on £2000 over 3 years) is there an early payment penalty for this type of thing.

Would be grateful for help and advice.

Thanks in advance
"he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"

Comments

• devongirl48
    Options
    I've used Hitachi Personal Finance before, for a car loan. They offered the best rate for me at the time. I had no problems at all. All payments paid when due. No issues
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Get across to the DFW board for help and advice. Borrowing your way out of debt usually ends in tears (and more debt).
  • jellybean0k
    jellybean0k Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Get across to the DFW board for help and advice. Borrowing your way out of debt usually ends in tears (and more debt).

What's the DFW board?
    "he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 June 2018 at 8:05PM
    Options
    What's the DFW board?

Debt free wannabe, its the next 1 down from loans, you must have seen it.

Loads of people have taken out finance from Hitachi, perfectly legit. Need to look at your spending, lose any luxuries, its a small amount.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You say OP that the PIP has stopped and is under review? It doesn't stop until they make a decision, if they have turned down his PIP on renewal you can ask for a reconsideration (within a month) if still not happy ask for a tribunal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure