MSE Poll: Which stores do you LOVE or LOATHE?

Options
Poll started 25 September 2018
Retailers love us to have a relationship with them. Indeed, many feel an almost intimate connection with some brands, but wouldn't be seen dead crossing others' thresholds. So let's see…

Please pick up to FIVE that you love and up to FIVE that you loathe...
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• AlanRalph
    Options
    Hard to decide on some of the companies, as I both love and loathe them for varying reasons. For instance, I like the convenience of Amazon but dislike the way they treat the people who work for them, plus the small matter of their not paying their fair share of taxes. Similarly for Apple.
  • Jiggi
    Options
    The title of the thread represents all that is wrong with this. I might like or respect a brand - love is reserved for my family and friends.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Only feel strongly enough to vote on a couple of them.
    Shame Claire's wasn't on there. Would have liked to vote against them on the basis of their "6 for the price of 3" offer. Something priced at £10 they'd be happy to sell you for £5. So you either have to spend £10 on something worth £5, or spend £30 buying stuff that you didn't want in the first place.
  • chocaholicmanc
    Options
    Glad to see my beloved Oasis on the list :) I feel like it usually gets left out of these things! If Oasis ever goes out of business I will never have any new clothes
  • Oakie
    Oakie Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    its hard to limit oneself to just 5 likes and 5 dislikes !
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The order of the sites listed should be random every time someone visits otherwise the sites fixed at the top of the list will get more love/loathe votes simply because of their position on the list not necessarily because they are liked/loathed more than any other (I ran out of Loathes by the letter "I")
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    I bet most of the people who 'loathe' Harrods have never shopped there, and most of the people who do shop there like it. After all, if they don't like Harrods they're free to go elsewhere. It's not like they're stuck on a council estate with no bus service and only a Kwik Booz to shop in.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    I bet most of the people who 'loathe' Harrods have never shopped there, and most of the people who do shop there like it. After all, if they don't like Harrods they're free to go elsewhere. It's not like they're stuck on a council estate with no bus service and only a Kwik Booz to shop in.

I did think Harrods was an odd one to include in the survey in the first place. There are plenty of large national chains or online retailers that could have been included instead.
  • Norman_Castle
    Options
    Surprised at the dislike of WH Smiths.
  • Blackbird11
    Options
    Used to Love Aldi but it's gone all nationalistic. Union Jacks everywhere. Why.....?:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure