No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2018

Options

Comments

• wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kadison wrote: »
    Who's your favourite department store? Mine's Debenhams!

I only use roll-ons in glass bottles as I find the plastic ones give out way to much product, try Nivea or Fenjal, they're both good!

Hudson's Bay. Plenty of locations. Two on the way home to make things worse. Holt Renfrew often has better GwP offers but there is only one in town and it's not convenient.

I prefer the stick type deos.

UU: Elizabeth Grant Body Lotion 25mls. Nothing special. WNBA as you can only get it on the TV shopping channel. Shipping is too high and there are better products out there.

Lancôme Regenerist Eye Cream. GwP size pot. 5mls? used it as an all over night cream. Amazing how long a small pot can go on.

Couple of nearly dones sitting on the counter and will used up by the weekend.
  • shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My first April Update:-

UU
    Korres Wild Rose Facial Oil
    Clio Deodorant
    Crabtree and Evelyn Body Lotion Travel Size
    M&S Orange and Ginger Hand Wash
    Avon Supreme Hair Conditioner
    Avon Eau Du Parfum Gold Blush

NBI
    L'Eau Dissey Eau Du Parfum

IN
    Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter Cream x 2
    Waitrose Glycerine Soap x 2

PP
    Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter Cream
    Molton Brown Caiji Lime Body Lotion
    Aveda Thicken Conditioner

Total 123

Technically I should not need to buy anything for this month but you never know.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU tonight:

Lush Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb WDBA. One of my favourite Bath bombs and I love the scent.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hudson's Bay. Plenty of locations. Two on the way home to make things worse. Holt Renfrew often has better GwP offers but there is only one in town and it's not convenient.

I don't think I knew you were in Canada, I had to google them both as I'd never heard of them!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »

Embryollise Lait Creme Concentrate
    [STRIKE]Bio Oil 60ml[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]L'oreal Extraordinary Oil Conditioner 400ml[/STRIKE]
    Soap & Glory Orangeasm Shower Gel 500ml
    Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Body Lotion 500ml
    Garnier 3 in 1 Face wash/scrub/mask
    Prada Candy Body Lotion
    Percy & Reed Wonder Balm 75ml
    L'oreal Ever Riche Nourishing Hair Mask 200ml

My 7 by Summer list

Mac Patisserie Lipstick
    Bourjois CC Cream
    Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow Birthday Suit - try to hit pan - done.
    Nails Inc Top Coat
    Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer
    [STRIKE]Body Shop Lip & Cheek Tint[/STRIKE]
    Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Plum Russian

My updated lists.

I have finally hit pan on the Benefit cream eyeshadow. Has taken months and months to do this.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • snorfing_along
    Options
    I'm starting off with a few easy things to UU

No 7 beautifully matte foundation - want to use this up as it's too heavy for spring/summer but I don't want the little bit that's left to be hanging around till winter
    Body Shop pencil concealer - down to the last bit on this as well and I have a few other concealers that I can use when it's gone
    Lee Stafford - anti fizz spray - it sort of works but makes my hair look flat so I'll use it up but probably wont buy again
    Body Shop Satsuma shower gel - I have a massive bottle that I've been using on and off for about 12months as I keep swapping to other shower gels as I get a bit bored of it, but I'm going to persevere till I get to the end of the bottle
    Body shop facial shimmer stuff - forgotten what it's actually called but had this ages, it just keeps going. I'm like a magpie with anything that shimmers so I want to get this used so I can start on the other 2 or 3 tubes I have of stuff like this
    Dove Summer Glow - I keep buying gradual tanners but I tend to use proper fake tan in summer so I'll use this up and put a ban on buying more (I like this because it does make my skin soft and gets rid of the blinding whiteness of my winter legs but the minus is I smell like a biscuit!)
    Body Shop primer - I like this and it seems to work quite well as I primer but it has a funny lumpy texture and I have a few other primers that I want to start using

I think that 7 to use buy summer but hopefully I'll get a couple finished in the next few weeks
    Barclaycard: £2970 Tesco: £655 MBNA £4830 Virgin: £6110
    Total Credit Card debt: £14,565 Car Loan: £12,055 :eek:
  • dolly84
    Options
    Body shop facial shimmer stuff - forgotten what it's actually called but had this ages, it just keeps going. I'm like a magpie with anything that shimmers so I want to get this used so I can start on the other 2 or 3 tubes I have of stuff like this

I'm the same with sparkly glittery things but I've finally come to the conclusion I don't really like them on my face.

• dolly84
    Options
    I have a uu

Soap & Glory Orangeasm Shower Gel 500ml - I do like this but we seem to get through it very quickly, one more in the stash along with the matching body butter and skin scent.

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    [STRIKE]Bumble & Bumble B Straight creme[/STRIKE]
    Liz Earle Skin repair Moisturiser
    [STRIKE]John Frida conditioner
    L'Occitane Pamplemousse Rhubarb shower gel (50 ml)
    [/STRIKE][STRIKE]BM Intense Serum Sample size [/STRIKE]
    Flora Mare Illuminatimg eye cream
    Original Nail Envy
    L'Occitane Cherry Blossom hand cream
    Lush Dirty shave cream
    Lush Mask of Magnaminty.

Finished the Bare Minerals serum. It's not working the way it used to which is strange as it's a relatively new discovery to me. Have another sample size so will see if anything changes.

Should think the hand cream will be finished next as the tube has now been cut open.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I live very much in the sticks, so only experience the joys and temptations of the department store when I am on holiday. Everything I might need or more likely want is available on line, but I do slightly miss seeing, smelling and touching products, saves me a fortune on not being tempted by GWPs though:D

My PP list is not diminishing very much but have the following:-

IN
    2 x 12ml Herbfarmacy Nail & Cuticle Oil (Local growers of organic herbs and producers of lovely organic natural products) 1 & 2 of 16
    UU
    41ml Mitchum AP/Deo stick 1/38
    75ml Sensodyne toothpaste 2/39
    300ml Soap & Glory Orangeasm Super Rich Body Butter 3/40
    15ml NIOD CAIS 4/41

7 By Summer still static:(
    15ml OPI Nail Envy
    Boots No 7 lipstick ? Rose (label worn)
    30ml Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturiser Shade 02
    3.2g Bobbi Brown Bone eyeshadow
    9.4ml Maybelline Lash Sensationa; WP mascara black
    21g Smashbox Halo Mineral Powder Light
    OPI mini nail polish Princesses Rule

I keep debating with myself whether or not to ditch the last of the Smashbox Halo, I dug out one of my precious Youngblood Mineral Powders to take on mini holiday and it is amazing, gives me such a flawless finish without any liquid foundation underneath, :money: keeps winning out, but the Halo seems to go on forever.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure