Need to tell Bank about mental health problems and am v scared

Options
Hi,

OK. I'm thanking my lucky stars that this forum is anonymous.

Basically, when I moved from my last town to this one, I was getting so many phone calls from the bank that I just could not handle speaking to them and hearing their questions about when I would be able to get my business loan payments up to date. I had no income from my failing business, had given up my premises to have a baby, and was not really operating my business at all. However, I still had monthly loan repayments to keep up with, and I started robbing Peter to pay Paul, shuffling tiny amounts of money about between accounts to scrape together the £60 (yes, that was all i had to pay per month) to keep them off my back.

The loan will by now be in serious arrears.

When I moved here, I changed phone numbers and didn't inform the bank of my new address. I was mired in terrible stress, perpetual panic mode, snappy, suicidal, not sleeping well, feeling very ill and not myself at all.

Now I have found out that they might be sympathetic to my mental health problems, I want to contact them, citing my health as the reason why i stopped responding to them and why I have gone silent on them. I still have a current a/c with the same bank and they have my new address, so it seems odd that they are not making that connection, and aren't chasing me for the business a/c stuff.

Anyway, my paranoia is that as soon as I get in touch with them re: MH problems driving my total inability to face them or to do anything to resolve the problems, they will then have my address and will come down heavy with recovery/legal proceedings. (Terrified as I write this). It's like I want to just go to them and blurt it all out and have them hear me out and help me, but I feel like they will just be very very hard and stony with me and I will set off a domino effect with disastrous consequences. I'm absolutely petrified.

Do you think they would look on my case with any kindness?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport