Tesco coupon policy, do they accept vouchers for things you haven't bought?

Options
I did do a search for this but the threads I found were from 2006 so I wasn't sure
Okay so last time I was in tesco and had a few vouchers, the woman scanned them all (including a couple for things I hadnt bought) and it came off the total of my shopping
But this was a self service checkout and she didn't know what I had bought
Do they actually officially accept vouchers if you havent bought all of the items?
I have quite a few vouchers from writing to companies and want to go and spend them tomorrow, I will be buying at least one thing from each brand that I have a coupon for but that leaves a fair bit of leftover money on the coupons which will come off my total shopping bill
Is that technically allowed?
It's just that I don't want to finish scanning loads of shopping only to be refused!

Thanks for reading and I hope that all made sense!

Comments

• thatguy1
    thatguy1 Posts: 5,363 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No, Tesco only accept vouchers for items you purchased.

You used to be able to use any coupons with your shopping but they changed it a few years ago.
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And it's strict too, I had a voucher for 1/2 price bin liners but on 25's only. I had the 30's (not noticing the difference on the shelf) and the SA rejected it so I put them back.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    moneypooh wrote: »
    And it's strict too, I had a voucher for 1/2 price bin liners but on 25's only. I had the 30's (not noticing the difference on the shelf) and the SA rejected it so I put them back.

Sometimes the checkout assistant will approve the coupon for you anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure