Hsbc mortgage offer change to lower rate

Options
Son has a mortgage offer from hsbc for a new build due to complete early november.

Today i have tried to amend application to take advantage of the new lower 5 year fixed fee saver and it now says decline.

Son tried phoning hsbc but will have to wait till monday as they wont speak without the mortgage account number from the offer which the solicitor has.

No changes to amount borrowed or circumstances so how can the decision change just by applying for a lower rate?

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Products often change all the time and a 'simple' change is not that simple. Often they do require a new application as it's a completely different products with criteria, given it's HSBC they often the most strict.

You have already exchanged I presume and already have a Mortgage offer, I would speak to HSBC on Monday to see if you can change, but given the decline, that may mean affordability or something credit history is causing this
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Managed to resolve but only just.

Advised that HSBC had recently reduced their maximum income multipliers and the 'amendment' in rate is taken as a new app.

Referred to original UW and now received updated Mortgage Offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure