Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    30656882_2049302352016145_479375331564716032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c39ec82e6ff2673100197be8cad00221&oe=5B6AEB4E

Stuck in the middle with you ;)
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the £2.50 spend for a tub followed by free ice cream in S (unlimited till spits glitch - so buy one, voucher generated - use that with the next tub and so on ...):

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/breyers-ice-cream-500ml-buy-one-for-250-get-the-whole-shelf-free-sainsburys-2925638?page=3#thread-comments

HTH

Anon

My first free tub using a £2.50 generated a second £2.50 voucher but the 2nd one didnt :mad:
    Incase of problems I made sure I used the correct nectar card each time
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Just having a nice G&T. I had not had one in ages, then had some on holiday, and enjoying them again. Had no lemon, so just added a little lemon juice, so all good.

That's why I keep a jar of those cocktail lemon slices in the fridge :D
    gocat wrote: »
    Morning all :wave:

Think I need to get some stuff to put on my fence. Anyone know of any good deals please and thanks in advance :D
    Seen some on Wilko's site http://www.wilko.com/all-exterior-paint/wilko-timbercare-country-brown-5l/invt/0074038
    Anyone know how good that is? Our fence is old. Just needs some colour put back in it lol. Im loathe to change it as it still seems sturdy and knowing my luck if I changed them the new one will collapse at the next hurricane :eek:
    :money: too :D

Stay away from Ronseal, their paint is AWFUL. I do quite like Wickes own brand, cheaper than most of the rest and does the job really well :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the £2.50 spend for a tub followed by free ice cream in S (unlimited till spits glitch - so buy one, voucher generated - use that with the next tub and so on ...):

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/breyers-ice-cream-500ml-buy-one-for-250-get-the-whole-shelf-free-sainsburys-2925638?page=3#thread-comments

HTH

Anon

Tried earlier and confirmed myself - a voucher produced on each transaction :).

Anon
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Private message's - I like those. PMs. Plural, no apostrophe. The apostrophe police are out - I spotted something on a major website last night with an errant apostrophe and since I have nothing better to do...

But I wasn't using the 's to show possession or form a plural - I was using it informally to show a contraction - and now I've started a sentence with a conjunction :o:rotfl:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Hi Tweets yes i am on facebook.

Dave what is cornstarch please? Thank you

Sent you a pm was unsure if I could post link to page on here so didn't :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    My first free tub using a £2.50 generated a second £2.50 voucher but the 2nd one didnt :mad:
    Incase of problems I made sure I used the correct nectar card each time

Not sure why it would be different unless the printer was out of paper? Or that store has somehow over ridden it?

Anon
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello again sorry i am ambushing the posts this afternoon.

Has anyone got any good tips for removing the smell of dog pee from the carpet please ?
    I keep washing it with allsorts but nothing seem to be working.

She sleeps in the front room so the 'best room' as it were in the house smells like a latrine:( Only had my new carpet 8 months too.

Not sure if answered but I was told a soloution made of bio washing powder works as it breaks down the bacteria, have used it myself and it does seem to work.:)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Who's NR Locarr, or should I not ask?

Edit: Ahh, think you mean none runners. The numbers on the list are not the actual numbers of the horse (to stop people just picking the favourites, makes it totally random. Looks like 2 people on each list will get none runners, a bit unfair, but it is the luck of the game, and in the rules, I did say.....Oh, and if you pick a non runner/donkey/3 legged albatross, tough! :D
    (Knowing my luck, I will have one of them.

OK, No worries!

BTW the fave never wins the GN.... I would put my house on it that it doesn't, the race is a lottery with many not passing the finish line.
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I make a suggestion? If the winner of the sweepstakes doesn’t have a favourite charity, please can they consider donating it to Sarahdol75‘s Race for life. There are a few of the Elite that have been unfortunate to get this dreadful desease in one form or the other, I feel that it would be good to ‘give something back’ iykwim. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure