Make £2019 in 2019

Options

Comments

• RebeccaAnn
    Options
    I will be updating at the end of each month. I have put in a lot of overtime that will be on this months paycheck and now things are quietening down I am sorting out all the other money making areas of my life.
    SPC #062
    12k in2019 #23 £8167/£16k
    Make £2019 in 2019 #32 £513/£2019
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,927 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 January 2019 at 6:05PM
    Options
    #62 - Totals - £30/£2019 - running average £15/day - target £5.53/day

£30 back from EE customer service - counting it as a gain in 2019 even though it was a nice gesture for earlier problems in 2018 - while I was there I changed products to be £20/m cheaper but won't count that as its not extra earnings whereas the refund is
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Could someone please clarify the situation with vouchers ? I was in Morrisons on New Years Eve and was given 7 x £5 More vouchers at the till that had accrued over last year and which I'd 'saved up'. I 'earned' them throughout 2018 and was issued with them on 31st December but won't be spending them until later this year. Do I add them to my total when I spend them or have I missed the boat already with them?

Thanks x
  • sarah861421
    Options
    Does it matter? surely you can create your own rule ( within reason ). If it were me I would include them in 2019. My rules are anything spent in 2019 counts, dont forget that if you were given the vouchers on New Years Eve 2019, you probably would nt spend them until 2020
  • Mrs_Fatso
    Mrs_Fatso Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Trawled through my online bank statement today and cancelled subscriptions to glossy box, audible and amazon music, a saving of £842 over the next 12 months. Can I count this?!
    soon to be divorced but stronger older and wiser!
  • frugal_lass
    Options
    As Sarah mentions the “rules” aren’t hard and fast but I would refer to the first post for clear indications on what counts:

Ways of making extra money;

SURVEYS
    WINS
    EBAY
    FB SELLING GROUPS
    OVERTIME
    VOUCHERS EG £1 OFF A PRODUCT
    SHARE DIVIDEND INTEREST
    INTEREST FROM BANK ACCOUNTS
    QUIDCO CASHBACK
    FREEBIES (VALUE OF)
    TOPCASHBACK
    MATCHED BETTING
    VOUCHERS FROM POINTS EG SHOP LOYALTY CARDS

I would think vouchers used this year are fine regardless of when received. :)
    Mortgage so far: £31,630.01Aiming to be mortgage free by 2024
  • iffi1
    Options
    Can I join in the challenge please
  • Columbina
    Options
    Can I join please
  • SixOfPents
    Options
    Frugal lass, would you say money made from selling on etsy would count too? It doesn't say in the main ideas however it is probably what will mostly help me get to the 2019 target ��
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't think that there are any rules with this - just any savings/sales you make across the year. I tend to only count what I earn on survey sites but that's because I'm rubbish at keeping track of other things like roadkill, coupons and cashback etc etc :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure