Mis sold car service plan- any advice?

Options
Hello,

Two years ago I brought a new VW Polo on a finance agreement. When I brought it I was offered a service plan for £124 for 2 services, which I accepted.
Before the end of the first year I was in a car accident and the car was written off. It was replaced by the insurer on exactly the same finance agreement. Now a year on it is due it’s service. The service plan is attached to the old vehicle and I was advised by VW services to ring the finance office and ask for it to be transferred as I still had two services on the plan.
When I rang they refused to transfer the plan claiming it was attached to old vehicle and was non-transferable. I had no knowledge of this and it is not mentioned on any documentation I have. It was also surprising as the new car is on the same policy agreement as the old car.
I have made a formal complaint and they have passed my complaint on to a case manager. I was just hoping for any advice as to my rights in this case.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If the insurance was not transferrable then I don't see what you can do. You'll need to check the terms and conditions. No point saying you were "not told"

Try posting your query on the general insurance board of this forum..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure