Best Place To Order Flowers Online?

I'm looking to order festive flower online.
Where do you suggest and why?
Thanks.

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm looking to order festive flower online.
    Where do you suggest and why?
    Thanks.

Find a florist who will deliver personally to whoever you are sending to. Try phoning them , rather than just picking something off a picture on a website. You will get a much better level of care and service
  • dlusman wrote: »
    Find a florist who will deliver personally to whoever you are sending to. Try phoning them , rather than just picking something off a picture on a website. You will get a much better level of care and service

Definitely. Flowers are something you don't want to cheap out on by looking for the best deal or going through a third-party because then you'll just get whatever they can put together (and local florists will fulfil that order anyway).

So the best idea i'd also say is to get a local florist, prices may differ a little but their reputation is on the line so they'll be more inclined to get you the best flowers and of course if you have any issues you can contact them directly.
  • I ordered and paid for a bouquet of flowers for my daughter's birthday on the 29th December 2018. The flowers duly arrived, and the packaging was in good condition.
    However when the box was opened the flowers were a mess, leaves and stalks were broken, flowers discoloured and wilting. I took pictures and wrote to lovelyfloraworld.com who arranged a replacement. The replacement arrived on the 3rd Jan 2019 and guess what? they were as bad if not worse than the ones they were replacing. They were so bad that we could salvage any for a vase. I requested a full refund and was told on the 7th Jan that in order to get a full refund I would have to return them. I do not need this kind of hassle and I doubt the post office would be keen on rotting vegetation being sent through the post. I have many pictures of both bunches. I leave you to draw your own conclusions.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,783 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Jeppoj wrote: »
    I ordered and paid for a bouquet of flowers for my daughter's birthday on the 29th December 2018. The flowers duly arrived, and the packaging was in good condition.
    However when the box was opened the flowers were a mess, leaves and stalks were broken, flowers discoloured and wilting. I took pictures and wrote to lovelyfloraworld.com who arranged a replacement. The replacement arrived on the 3rd Jan 2019 and guess what? they were as bad if not worse than the ones they were replacing. They were so bad that we could salvage any for a vase. I requested a full refund and was told on the 7th Jan that in order to get a full refund I would have to return them. I do not need this kind of hassle and I doubt the post office would be keen on rotting vegetation being sent through the post. I have many pictures of both bunches. I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Which is exactly why the previous posters advised finding a local florist, who will make up a bouquet / arrangement from fresh flowers and deliver it straight away. Don't leave it to some internet only conglomerate who rely on the vagaries of thr postal service over the Christmas period.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I was just about to ask if anybody could recommend a good online flower retailer.

For the past nine years I have used Bunches, but the flowers I ordered for my MIL for Christmas were awful - certainly did not look like a £25 bouquet to me. When I complained they didn't seem to care, despite the 30+ orders I had placed with them over the years.

Have just been reading about Flying Flowers, but their reviews are terrible, so won't be using them.

We used Interflora at work to send an arrangement to someone and that was a complete rip off as there were hardly any flowers.

Why do they show you these wonderful bouquets whereas the reality is so completely different:mad:

Are there any good ones out there?
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• Aaleigha
    Aaleigha Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    https://www.prestigeflowers.co.uk/luxury-flowers/tikal?cPath=127

I ordered these and they were fantastic I saw them and the looked just as the picture and lasted I would use them again
    Emergency fund £10,000
    Several categories with savings in
    Cars, house maintenance, birthdays
    Etc I have about 10 categories

Really happy to be debt free after being a compulsive spender
  • Thanks everyone. Flowers I've received from online orders have been appaling is why I asked. As you say the ones delivered by the local florist had always been good so I'll stick to that and advise others. Thanks.
  • Hi, there are many online vendors who provide flowers online. You can search for them on the internet. Look for the services they provide. Take an opinion then decide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure