Amazon return

Options
Hi everyone

I had an advance refund from amazon just over a month ago and they gave me until Friday to return it. Unfortunately due to a few things happening at home I forgot to send it (it was due to be sent Friday). The email advised if it wasn’t sent by that date they’d charge me.

As of yet they haven’t charged me, so, although I don’t want to do anything shady, I ultimately can’t afford the full price (I originally agreed to pay over 5 months).

Has anyone had any experience of this? How long does it take them to charge me? I would call but if they’ve ‘forgotten’ I’d rather not remind them.

On a side note the item was damaged and I have a replacement which was ordered at the same time as the refund.

Thanks all

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 June 2019 at 11:38AM
    Options
    If the closing date was Friday I would think that they will charge you on the next working day, so tomorrow would be my guess.

Check the status by looking at your order on your account.

You have obviously already paid the first month so they will only charge you the difference ie 4 months? Also I didn't know that they did credit.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well no, they’d charge me the full amount as they’ve already refunded me the original payment.

Yes, credit on certain items, no credit check
  • sarah1972
    Options
    Well no, they’d charge me the full amount as they’ve already refunded me the original payment.

Yes, credit on certain items, no credit check

So you have had a refund AND a replacement? In that case you owe for one regardless of the return?

I would say that they will charge you tomorrow.

What does the return status say on the order when you log in?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I had to pay for the replacement. But yes in theory
  • sarah1972
    Options
    I had to pay for the replacement. But yes in theory

What does the status say on your order? They may have already charged you but it may not show on your credit/debit card yet
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It says:

Refunded
    We are expecting your return. Your refund has been issued.
  • sarah1972
    Options
    It says:

Refunded
    We are expecting your return. Your refund has been issued.

So they haven’t charged you yet, I guess it’s a matter of time.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you not just return it anyway or restart another return process ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure