PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 9th April 2018

Options

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

I'm absolutely shattered as I didn't fall asleep until 3.30 and then woke again at 7 after some horrible 'hospital' dreams. I couldn't drop off for worrying about today's assessment but now it's here and I just have to get on with it. My lovely cmht lady will be here just after 12.30 with lots of calming words I have no doubt.

I'm going to cook pork schnitzel, mashed potatoes and spring greens for dinner tonight. I used the time I was up to write a full meal plan for the week ahead and also ordered some shopping to be delivered tomorrow, so it was not all time wasted.

Sending hugs to the TA's, hope it all goes smoothly and Mr TA recovers quickly xx
    Holly, I am with Gers in that I haven't ironed anything for years and nothing bad has happened apart from being a titchy bit crumpled on occasion :D.
    silver-oldie, plum chutney sounds really nice. Sorry you are not sleeping, hugs to you too xx

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck today dumpling. I hope it's not too upsetting for you.

I'm glad you got more sleep Holly, I'm another who irons the bare minimum (although my board is always up because of my sewing, maybe that's why I won't do normal ironing).

Thinking of Mr TA, I hope it's a fairly simple swap.

It's a beautiful morning here so we'll probably do something before packing up to go home.
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Holly

I am embarassed to say it but I have not ironed for over ten years. So many things can just drip dry or go outside on hangers.

Positive thoughts and fingers crossed for TAs today.

Just about to make some porridge for breakfast and then get ready to go to York to U3A this afternoon and take a parcel to be exchanged for a larger size while I am on my way to the bus stop. I have home made chilli chicken and peppers to eat tonight and will put a portion in the freezer for later.

csarina

My youngest was home at the weekend and noticed the pressure king pro making the comment "How many gadgets do you have?" I did not rise to the bait and just commented that I use it regularly and it is energy saving. I love the way it makes soups and stews without my standing over a cooker for ages or having to use an oven.

I had a real shock yesterday as two dds and sil were over and were coming in and out of the front door when suddenly a big dog bounded into the house and straight into the kitchen!!!! I am wary of dogs anyway and got quite a fright but shouted at it to get out and sil came in and coaxed it out. The man who was walking down the road with it and did not have it on a lead or under control did not come and fetch it or even apologise. I knew there was a reason I hate and detest open plan but unless I get an outside porch built there is not much I can do.

Hugs to all
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Holly I'm with csarina and rarely if ever get the ironing board out (even for bedding for me though:o Any clothes that clearly need ironing get chucked in a basket and invariably stay there till I send them to the charity shop:). If you hang clothes straight out the wash the creases magically disappear ......thats my excuse and im sticking to it :D
    Hope all goes welll for Mr TA today
    silver-oldie plum chutney sounds delicious can I order some :)

Busy work day today sorting out a presentation and liasing with the customer to get agreement ...never goes to plan!

Book club tonight and its a bring a dish night (as well as a bottle of course :)) I have done 5 bean chilli and will be doing a big pile of jackets stuffed with cheese and bacon or cheese and mushrooms for a veg option. Looking forward to seeing what everyone turns up with...a veritable feast no doubt :)

Right quick tea b4 my 10am call

Have a great monday all
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, now don't all faint because I'm posting early !
    We had a courtesy call from the window man at 8.10am to say that he'd be here at 11am. Would have liked to be a fly on the office wall when he heard that he has to fit 14 windows, replace another one with patio doors and then fit 2 external doors! Better keep him sweet with tea/coffee and biscuits :D.
    Anyway today the sun is shining here, so I have washed my bedroom curtains and hung them out and now in the WM are the voiles from the top of the stairs. That's everything washed for now, except the 2 pairs from the lounge but they were done early last year, so I may not bother to wash those.
    I won't be doing much today, well all week really so I will probably get stuck into my new book.
    Tea tonight will be something quick, probably oven chips and breaded fish for me, chicken for Mr Fix It.
    Holly I hate ironing and avoid it until it becomes unavoidable, or we run out of clothes :eek:
    TA (and Mr TA) and Dumpling I am thinking of you today. Hope everything goes well for you.
    Hope everyone has a good Monday. Take care all. The hug bucket is brimming over so please help yourselves.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry everyone, I started the thread and then managed to get back to sleep. I suddenly felt sleepy again :D. I'm wide awake now though!.
    Don't apologise; I for one am pleased that you managed to get a bit more kip. x

Elona I am horrified; for one thing, the dog should have been under proper control for his own safety, and for another, the lack of manners in not even apologising leaves me totally speechless. What if you'd been the owner of a dog-phobic cat or something?? The dog is, of course, not to blame; as always in these things it is the owner who is at fault. If the dog isn't taught manners, how can he know what's acceptable? I hope the man concerned doesn't have children, as from this, I reckon they'd be the ones that run around the pub screeching at the tops of their lungs and not a word gets said to them!

Lainey I hope Lulu is a good girl for her vaccination, and it's not too unpleasant for her.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Elona wrote: »
    Holly

I am embarassed to say it but I have not ironed for over ten years. So many things can just drip dry or go outside on hangers.

you and me standing proud Elona .....don't be embarrassed ironing is sooooo yesterday:rotfl::rotfl:

How rude of the dog he clearly fancied dinner at yours for a change :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mr LW ironed a shirt on Saturday! But only because we were attending the opera in the evening. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My daughter moved out taking the iron with her. I never replaced it. I suppose if i had shirts to iron i'd have to buy another one but the chance of me seeing Grump or Youngest in a shirt is next to none.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    [QUOTE=LameWolf;74135103

Lainey I hope Lulu is a good girl for her vaccination, and it's not too unpleasant for her.[/QUOTE]

She was a very good girl thanks LW and hardly flinched when the needle went in. She had never had anything in the way of vaccinations before she came to me but has quickly got used to it and always gets a reward afterwards, today it was an apple x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure