Ccj

Options
Hi all,

So me & my partner ended up getting a CCJ against our names as joint defendants in a case.

The amount was around the £1500 mark, which we were unable to pay in the 30 day slot for it to not appear on our credit files. We did end up getting the amount required & paid off the full amount in September last year.

We checked our credit reports a month or so later to see if the status had changed to satisfied, which it hadn't, so from here we contacted the courts who told us we'd need to pay £15 for us to apply for a N443 form, which we did. About 2 months later my partner received a letter from the courts saying they'd had confirmation of the payment in full & so on. No letter was received in my name.

So the full amount has been paid, the case number is exactly the same for the pair of us, but when we've checked our credit reports my still shows as active whereas my partners is now satisfied.

Does anyone have an answer as to why this would be? There is nothing left to pay & it's states in the letter to my partner that the amount in total has been paid?!

I understand that it will remain on my file for 6 years regardless, but i would like it to show that I have paid what was owed.

Many thanks in advance

Brainer87

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills