BMW FS Declined

Options
Lakha123
Lakha123 Posts: 3 Newbie
I recently applied for a PCP on a New BMW list price of around £34k
I had a deposit of 5k with repayment of around £400 per month for 48 months.

However my proposal was declined with no reason given.

I recently took out my first mortgage in January and also took out my first credit card in February with a limit of £500.

All accounts are up to date and paid on time in full.

Credit card utilization is less than 30% and always paid in full when I receive my statement.

Experian score 830 so just over 'Fair'

Bad Points which are listed in Experian

Try to Increase credit limit
2 New accounts within the last 6 months
And the average age of the accounts.

I have never missed any payments and don't have an CCJ'S and affordability is not a problem.

Age 21

How long should i give it before I try and re apply.

Comments

• beckysheffield
    Options
    PCP with who?
  • Lakha123
    Options
    BMW Financial Services
  • Lakha123
    Options
    I'm also registered on the electoral roll.
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most likely you have taken out to much credit to soon or your income doesnt cover all debt so they have declined
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    or you just don`t meet there own criteria for a loan of that size.

My first house cost less than that.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What is your income? Chances are wanting £34k on finance you've failed an affordability check because of your income. The fact you can afford the monthly repayments is neither here nor there.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lakha123 wrote: »
    I have never missed any payments and don't have an CCJ'S and affordability is not a problem.

Your perception of affordability and the lenders will differ. A £400 commitment not long after being granted a mortgage may well have triggered concerns.

What's the insurance cost?
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would suggest that they may consider you are overstretching yourself financially and hence the reason for the rejection. Personally I think it is complete madness spending such money on a car and spending the next five years paying it off - but each to their own. Think you have been given a lucky break with the rejection, although you may not see it like this at the moment.
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    Why do you feel the need to pay 34 grand for a car that will spend 8 hours a day parked up at work and another 8 parked in your drive overnight?

Just use the 5 grand to get a reasonable car and put the £400 a month into your savings for 4 years instead. An easy way to make 24 grand.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If a credit card company will only give you a £500 limit then I wouldn't expect anyone to lend you £34K for a quickly depreciating asset.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure