Help! Joint mortgage needs removing from my credit file!

Options
I took voluntary bankruptcy in July 2016 which i was discharged from July 2017. Since then I've been contacting creditors to remove their entries on my credit file... I have only just succeeded in all but one of the entries. The final one is a joint mortgage held by me and my ex partner, the home was repossessed but there was a shortfall on the mortgage of £21k due to house prices falling and having a 100% mortgage back just before the credit crunch! I have written to TSB, it was an old C&G mortgage TSB took over, and I've also contacted the solicitor who TSB instructed but had no response from either! I wondered whether anyone on here had any similar experience and what my next steps could be? Many thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Was repossession before or after bankruptcy? Was the shortfall included in the bankruptcy?
  • Years_of_debt
    Options
    Correct me if I’m wrong, if there was a shortfall is that considered not includeable in he bankruptcy? I.e still liable for it?
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi dfw123

Could you clarify exactly what you are trying to remove? Is it the financial connection with your ex partner that links your credit files? Or the debt itself?

Debts included your bankruptcy should not have a default date later than the date of the bankruptcy. They should also show a nil balance and reflect that there is no longer a debt owing, for example it may say partial settlement. The entry itself will be removed 6 years after the default.

If you want to remove a financial connection with your ex partner and no longer have any joint credit, you will need to fill in a financial disassociation notice with each one of the credit reference agencies. You can find these online.

Hope this helps

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Thank you everyone - I am unable to access my dfw123 account now so I'm here on this one!

The repossession took place before the bankruptcy and I had included the debt in the bankruptcy.

All others companies for loans and credit cards have removed their entries from my file it's just that one that hasn't been removed.

I will look into the financial disassociation notice- many thanks for the advice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure