being forced out of job

Options
i work for a very large pharmacy brand, and have been employed in a responsible role for nearly 5 years, in last month a new store manager has taken over the store.

he offered me some hours extra which i agreed.

few days back we had a discussion about a fellow workers lack of work, my manager refused my concerns and said she is brilliant and can sell anything to anyone.
i wasnt happy and said surely she should be here to do her job she is paid for and not stand around chatting to people, while i do her work for her, manager wasnt happy i questioned this.

5 days later i asked him about the hours he offered me, his response was " i dont think i want you working here anymore "

" dont question me "

" she is my fav staff member "

and the hours offered removed. and he ignores me daily, and find ways not to communicate with me.

i feel he is pushing me out of the job as his fav staff memeber is also trained in my job.

what should i do or say

Comments

• couponqueen123
    Options
    if i was you id report to HR HE HAS a "FAV" member of staff something going on i think
  • miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    if i was you id report to HR HE HAS a "FAV" member of staff something going on i think

What is a "FAV"?

There is nothing wrong with a manager preferring one staff member to another. The OP has no proof that "something" is going on, whatever "something" is?
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Options
    dazzadub wrote: »
    i work for a very large pharmacy brand, and have been employed in a responsible role for nearly 5 years, in last month a new store manager has taken over the store.

he offered me some hours extra which i agreed.

few days back we had a discussion about a fellow workers lack of work, my manager refused my concerns and said she is brilliant and can sell anything to anyone.
    i wasnt happy and said surely she should be here to do her job she is paid for and not stand around chatting to people, while i do her work for her, manager wasnt happy i questioned this.

5 days later i asked him about the hours he offered me, his response was " i dont think i want you working here anymore "

" dont question me "

" she is my fav staff member "

and the hours offered removed. and he ignores me daily, and find ways not to communicate with me.

i feel he is pushing me out of the job as his fav staff memeber is also trained in my job.

what should i do or say

Hi dazzabub - we'd recommend that you contact your local bureau for advice on this and how you might take this forward with the HR department.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure