Wescot

Options
Hi i entered a dmp with payplan back in september last year. On the dmp i owed Natwest credit card services around about £1700. Nat west accepted the dmp payment. They defaulted me very quickly as well. In november i received a letter from wescot saying that natwest have placed the account with them. It stated it the letter that i did not need too do anything as wescot would contact payplan. So every just carried on as normal and i was making my payments too payplan.
Yesterday i received another letter from wescot saying that they have had no contact from payplan i need too contact wescot directly. I have sent the two letters on too payplan last night. I am just a little concerned that wescot my become a little bit of a pain in the back side. Do i need to worry about these letters. Or is everything ok? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,887 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi,

Wescot aren’t worth wasting breath on, they only act on behalf of clients so have no say in anything.

Sounds like crossed wires somewhere, written complaint to all 3 combatants should bring them into line.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Porky_pie1
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

Wescot aren’t worth wasting breath on, they only act on behalf of clients so have no say in anything.

Sounds like crossed wires somewhere, written complaint to all 3 combatants should bring them into line.
    Thank you very much for the reply. I will just chase it up with pay plan on monday morning.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have dealt with wescot for last few years. They are not that bad to deal with. I would stick to emailing them rather than phone calls. They ask for a income and expenditure form every 6 months. You can do this by email too. Im in the process of making a partial settlement with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure