Local Asda told me today, the price guarantee voucher is no longer accepted, why?

Options
124»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    simesb wrote: »
    Staff working at supermarkets generally have performance targets (£ through the till per hour) and no say in pricing, so please everyone remember that and be nice

I know people that work in supermarkets, and the target is items per minute, not money. As the cashiers can control their speed, not the customers' shopping.
  • simesb
    simesb Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I know people that work in supermarkets, and the target is items per minute, not money. As the cashiers can control their speed, not the customers' shopping.

Scarlet, ok I stand corrected on that. However there has seemed a few times at my store, a reluctance on the part of some fed up checkout 'colleagues' to process several APG vouchers for 1 transaction, I guess because it will affect their items per minute speed. The old till receipt barcode usually causes the problem.
  • rebecca1982
    Options
    I'm willing to bet the putting those vouchers through has a negative effect on the cashiers stats. Or that they will need to speed up for the following hour to catch up.

Sad really but that how big business screws over its staff these days.
  • simesb
    edited 19 October 2016 at 11:58PM
    Options
    Minimum time to compare after your Asda shop seems to have been extended from 3 hours, to 6am the day after.

"Make sure you've waited until 6am the day after you shopped to compare. If you have done, double check you entered them correctly and try again"

Not sure why theyve changed this, you need to go (home?) to print any voucher anyway.
    Unless theyhope more people don't remember and don't bother
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    simesb wrote: »
    Minimum time to compare after your Asda shop seems to have been extended from 3 hours, to 6am

Message says 3 hours for me again.
  • simesb
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    Message says 3 hours for me again.
    Hi fifeken
    Yes back to usual now. Maybe they were doing some sort of backup that night. I cut and pasted the 6am bit direct from the site, didnt imagine it after a dram or two. Honestly!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure