Avant 1k 24mths Loan Paid Off

Options
Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,822 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
At least that's what Avant website suggests though t.b.h my payments are scheduled form 28th each month so not until Weds'
Anyway what I did do accidentally whilst checking Avant site was click on 'check my rate' for borrowing.
Something I did think of recently after reading a few negative Avant posts, is that when is it possible to apply for a new loan. What todays unintended click meant was a message advising Unfortunately, due to your recently paid off loan, you cannot apply until April 02, 2018'
That's answers that then,thankfully as I don't want a new loan at least over next 3 months possibly not until 2019-nice to know in advance though
Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you don't need a new loan until 2019 start saving what your payments were on your last one to build up a fund and then by 2019 you may find you don't need a loan at all.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    If you don't need a new loan until 2019 start saving what your payments were on your last one to build up a fund and then by 2019 you may find you don't need a loan at all.

Sensible advice as it's only £60 per month though I could start a often avoided Emergancy cash fund.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Sensible advice as it's only £60 per month though I could start a often avoided Emergancy cash fund.

Crack on and do it!
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Thanks mser's
    I did get into 'swiping' a few pounds on pay day for a few years.
    Got slightly annoyed as it was a bathroom emergency which called on me to spend savings.
    No excuse though-saving is prob an excellent idea-I shall start from April wage.
    I did enjoy swiping via mobile it was fun,painless and convienent.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Today's the day-as conirmed online Avant-Loan Paid :)
    Thankfuly I've avoided being one of the review quoted 'victims' of horror stories. (3rd party reviews not mse)
    Nice day as I enjoy my what was Argos same day delivery Sony43" 4K UHD t.v.
    That was fun ordering it late Sat morning to be setup Saturday afternoon 2 yrs earlier!
    Thanks for the savings recommendations-with my Dvla road tax refund cheque paid in yesterday and awaiting iphone recycle payment, this could be an opportunity to re kindle instant 'swipe' savings via iphone.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Tried to get an APR on a future Avant loan-which couldn't be provided.
    I honestly think this is due to lower part time salary.
    Not too bothered -maybe I'll return to full hours and wages and re consider Avant next year.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Since opened help to save account today-found via savings thread.
    That's £50 per month for 2yrs min or 4 yrs max.
    Avant amount saved re directed elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure