Let's get rid of this mortgage!

Options
2»

Comments

• sofarbehind
    Options
    Well done on getting below £100k! That is a fantastic achievement. I wish I had been as savvy as you in my 20s ;) You are already so far ahead of a lot of people - I didn't even buy until my late 30s and will be forever playing catch up. Well done!
    Mortgage overpayments 2018: £4602, 2019: £7870
    Mortgage overpayments 2020: £4620
    Mortgage 2017 £145K, June 2020 £112.6k:o
  • ktinbrum
    ktinbrum Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi BVic28- thank you! :) It was a good feeling- a big confidence boost really! I don't tell many people about my MF plans... (other than you lovely lot) ...the few people I've told in my family have been nay-sayers. But it just adds more fuel to the fire for me haha :grin:

x
  • ktinbrum
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi sofarbehind- thank you for your lovely message!

Aw we're all on our own paths, developing in different areas at different times. I often feel 'behind' others in terms of getting married, having kiddos, travelling to interesting places, career moves- the lot! You've got on the ladder and some people never will, so well done you :beer:

x
  • ktinbrum
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone- I hope you've all had a good weekend. Mine's been pretty uneventful- I've felt exhausted so other than walking my dogs and catching up with housework there's a not a lot to tell you!

Friday 17th was payday for me, so a quick update on my totals:

Mortgage Remaining: £99,245.97
    This is minus £50 OP since last update and my scheduled OP of £200 on payday.

OPs since year start: £350

I don't expect to be able to keep up such frequent OPs but January has been a good month so far.

- Tilly tidies have been working wonders for me
    - I have sold some items of Fbk local
    - Pr0lific has been a boon for me recently along with some other survey sites
    - My birthday is in December and I asked for vouchers so I have been using them instead of spending my pocket money, so I have been sending more of it to OPs than usual.

I did treat myself and OH to a C0sta this afternoon- it was so cold out that a small mocha went down very well indeed. Other than that, a very quiet weekend but well needed. I will be spending the rest of my evening playing Sims 4 on the Xbox and catching up with other people's diaries.

Have a good week all x
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Great progress and good luck with your MFW journey! :)
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure