Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 18th Nov 16, 12:05 PM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,338Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    Struggling with debt? Ask a debt adviser a question
    • 18th Nov 16, 12:05 PM
    Struggling with debt? Ask a debt adviser a question 18th Nov 16 at 12:05 PM
    If you need help with your debts, this is the thread for you.

Trained advisers from StepChange Debt Charity (formerly CCCS) are here and waiting to answer your debt questions. They're a friendly bunch so please don't be shy!

There are three ways to get in touch:

1 - Simply post your question below and the team will reply. If your question is about bankruptcy, then pop over to the Bankruptcy board.

2 - If you would prefer to ask a question in private, feel free to send a message to StepChange Private Messages.

3 - StepChange Debt Remedy is a free and confidential online debt advice tool. You can put a budget together at your pace, and you can also talk it over with an adviser through online chat.

If you're a StepChange Debt Charity client already, please contact its Aftercare team rather than posting in this thread (their contact details are in your Welcome Pack).

If you're self employed and need debt help please get in touch with Business Debtline.

This is discussion thread part four, see parts one, two and three.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Luke; 24-07-2018 at 1:41 PM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 64
  • StepChange_Kirsty
    Hi there,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

Yes, there are definitely ways to deal with your debts without needing to borrow further.

You mentioned youíre in danger of losing your house, so this is something youíre going to need advice about as a matter of urgency. I would recommend getting in touch with us as soon as possible on 0800 138 1111 to speak to one of our debt advisors. Weíre available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdayís 9am to 2pm.

If your expenses are high in comparison to what your creditors would expect to see, weíll suggest reductions. I can appreciate cutting costs can be difficult but sometimes itís essential especially if youíre trying to keep the roof over your head, but we can talk you through the best ways of budgeting when you call.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Kirsty

I canít remember the last time I was debt free. Itís been borrowing from Peter to pay Tom even though I have a steady source of income. My wife is expensive and would leave me if I start cutting costs (not that I know how to) and I am in danger of losing my house.

Is there a method I could use to pay off my debts without borrowing from person to pay another every other month?
    Originally posted by Jon838
    I work as a debt advisor for StepChange Debt Charity and have specific permission from Martin to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on StepChange Debt Charity in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article. If you find you're struggling with debt and you need further help try our online advice facility Debt Remedy.

Don't be afraid of getting debt advice. We'll help you take one more step towards getting help with your debt.
    • NewStart2017
    • By NewStart2017 6th Jun 19, 4:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NewStart2017
    Thanks Kirsty
    Thanks very much Kirsty - my only worry is that if I query the statute barred status (or not) of the debt, will that prompt them to rush to initiate a CCJ, before it hits the 6 years? Do you think that's likely?

Also, am I making things harder for myself somehow if I tell them I no longer live in the UK?

Thanks again!
    • Ickyvicky
    • By Ickyvicky 9th Jun 19, 9:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ickyvicky
    Hi, my partner has received a letter from drydens fairfax saying he has a ccj from 2017 which they are trying to collect on behalf of capquest. We weren't aware of the ccj but its not outside the realm of possibility that it's true as the company my partner worked for went under and we ended up really struggling to get by. The only information in the letter is a reference number and an amount £279. How do I found out if this is a legit debt that we owe?. Hope you can help. Thanks.
    • remps1968
    • By remps1968 10th Jun 19, 7:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    remps1968
    Hi not sure if this is the right forum it's just at my wits end . About 3 years ago I did an automatic current account switch from Barclays to Halifax and during the switch my mortgage dd was missed off the list not sure which bank is to blame and I didn't realise until 4 weeks later when I recieved a letter but because of this banking error my mortgage reserve bank account was frozen and my limit reduced by £4000 which immediately put me in dept as the interest payments for the reserve were taken of the reserve itself and because I owe 7000 in interest my lender Barclays have started sending me letters regards repossession I've taken it to the ombudsman and hes gone in favour of Barclays because they judged it on a missed mortgage payment instead of a banking error I'm completely dumbfounded how they can not see sense about this mistake
  • StepChange_Patience
    Hi Mike

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I understand your concerns, itís important before you send the template to be certain the debt is statute barred.

If you are unsure, donít send anything to the creditor and try these steps to check whether or not itís statute barred first:

∑ Check old bank statements to find out when the last payments were made

∑ Check with the three credit reference agencies, however not all debts will show on your credit file, so the full six-year payment history may not always appear. It may not be obvious if a payment has been made before this.

∑ Think if the last payment might have coincided with an event that you can date. For example, did the last payment stop when you moved to a new house?

Letting them know your updated contact details will help make sure you're up to date with any correspondence.

I hope this helps.

Patience

Thanks very much Kirsty - my only worry is that if I query the statute barred status (or not) of the debt, will that prompt them to rush to initiate a CCJ, before it hits the 6 years? Do you think that's likely?

Also, am I making things harder for myself somehow if I tell them I no longer live in the UK?

Thanks again!
    Originally posted by NewStart2017
    I work as a debt advisor for StepChange Debt Charity and have specific permission from Martin to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on StepChange Debt Charity in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article. If you find you're struggling with debt and you need further help try our online advice facility Debt Remedy.

Don't be afraid of getting debt advice. We'll help you take one more step towards getting help with your debt.
  • StepChange_Patience
    Hi there

Thanks for posting.

Iím sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced in 2017 and can understand how much of a shock the county court judgement (CCJ) must have been.

To check whether itís a legitimate judgement there are a few things you could try:

ē Check with the three credit reference agencies, not all debts will show on here, but this would be a good place to start. There are free ways to check your credit file, you can find out further information here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/check-free-credit-report/

ē You could always check here too: https://www.trustonline.org.uk/ but there is a cost of £6 to check the official register

If your partner would like help in working out an affordable amount to this debt, they can start a budget with us either online or over the phone and see what options we can suggest. There's no obligation to go ahead with anything we recommend and details of how you can contact us can be found here: www.stepchange.org/Contactus

I hope this helps.

Patience

Hi, my partner has received a letter from drydens fairfax saying he has a ccj from 2017 which they are trying to collect on behalf of capquest. We weren't aware of the ccj but its not outside the realm of possibility that it's true as the company my partner worked for went under and we ended up really struggling to get by. The only information in the letter is a reference number and an amount £279. How do I found out if this is a legit debt that we owe?. Hope you can help. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Ickyvicky

• StepChange_Patience
    Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch.

Iím sorry to hear what happened with the mortgage direct debit during the switch to the new bank account.

I understand your frustration with the ombudsman decision, however once they have given a decision it would be final and whilst you wouldnít be able to get another ombudsman to review the complaint, you would be free to go to court. You can find out further information here: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/answers/complaints_a12.html

If the complaint was just aimed at Barclays, it may be worthwhile considering a separate complaint to Halifax. When the switch is done, the new bank should set up any regular payments youíve instructed them to from the old account.

You can find out further information on their website: https://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/switch-to-halifax/#collapse5-1527885839118 there is the current account switch guarantee which may be worthwhile reading about in more detail.

Given what is happening with the house and the risk of repossession, Shelter: https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help/helpline may be a really good charity to try and contact about your housing situation.

I hope this helps.

Patience

Hi not sure if this is the right forum it's just at my wits end . About 3 years ago I did an automatic current account switch from Barclays to Halifax and during the switch my mortgage dd was missed off the list not sure which bank is to blame and I didn't realise until 4 weeks later when I recieved a letter but because of this banking error my mortgage reserve bank account was frozen and my limit reduced by £4000 which immediately put me in dept as the interest payments for the reserve were taken of the reserve itself and because I owe 7000 in interest my lender Barclays have started sending me letters regards repossession I've taken it to the ombudsman and hes gone in favour of Barclays because they judged it on a missed mortgage payment instead of a banking error I'm completely dumbfounded how they can not see sense about this mistake
    Originally posted by remps1968

• Riley1967
    • By Riley1967 11th Jun 19, 12:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Riley1967
    dro changes
    Hi Can anyone help please

I applied for a dro waiting to hear back if its been accepted I was -£112 on my expenditure sheet have cut everything back to the minimum to get an even balance. Just noticed I will be getting more tax credits from next April because my wages have been cut. Will still have 2 months in my Dro. Can I put my expenditure back up to balance this out to stay under the £50 pounds limit?

thanks for any advice
    • NewStart2017
    • By NewStart2017 12th Jun 19, 12:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NewStart2017
    Thanks Patience - the last payment was at least 10 years ago, possibly 11 or 12, and I have no credit report from being abroad so long (I tried signing up for Noddle and they said they weren't able to find one for me). I signed on to the electoral register earlier this year when I thought I would live back in the UK - I think that's what put me back on their radar. I know that sometime between late 2012 and mid 2014 I was in contact with the debt collection agencies as I was trying to get my finances in order, but didn't arrange a payment (I tried to go down the bank charge reclaim route in order to use any refund to clear debt, unsuccessfully). I just can't remember if I wrote to them or only spoke to them on the phone. My worry is that I reset the clock then (I wasn't aware of the 6-year limit before).

I'm wondering if I should make a DPA request to find out what information they have on me, as that would include any written correspondence I might have sent them? Is that as risky as directly asking if they can prove the debt they claim I owe is not statute barred?
  • StepChange_Rachael
    Hi

Thanks for posting.

Changes in your income doesnít automatically mean a DRO would be cancelled. Income and expenditure can fluctuate, and itís expected that where you donít have the income, youíd have to cut back in areas of expenditure that might make things more difficult for a time. I donít think it would be unreasonable to think when more income is available, youíd need that income to help with household costs. However, if there are costs that are higher than would be expected for your household, they may not be allowable.

Iíd suggest speaking through the potential change with your DRO provider to get a better idea based on your budget and expected changes.

Thanks
    Rachael

Hi Can anyone help please

I applied for a dro waiting to hear back if its been accepted I was -£112 on my expenditure sheet have cut everything back to the minimum to get an even balance. Just noticed I will be getting more tax credits from next April because my wages have been cut. Will still have 2 months in my Dro. Can I put my expenditure back up to balance this out to stay under the £50 pounds limit?

thanks for any advice
    Originally posted by Riley1967

• StepChange_Rachael
    Hi

The creditor would need to be able to prove the debt isnít statute barred to take court action against you. If youíre not sure then it is a bit of a risk in case they decide to go down that route, however, asking for details of what information the creditor holds for you shouldnít be seen as acknowledging the debt. You could perhaps add a line in the letter to state youíre not acknowledging the debt when you request the account details held on you.

Sorry I canít be more precise.

Thanks
    Rachael

Thanks Patience - the last payment was at least 10 years ago, possibly 11 or 12, and I have no credit report from being abroad so long (I tried signing up for Noddle and they said they weren't able to find one for me). I signed on to the electoral register earlier this year when I thought I would live back in the UK - I think that's what put me back on their radar. I know that sometime between late 2012 and mid 2014 I was in contact with the debt collection agencies as I was trying to get my finances in order, but didn't arrange a payment (I tried to go down the bank charge reclaim route in order to use any refund to clear debt, unsuccessfully). I just can't remember if I wrote to them or only spoke to them on the phone. My worry is that I reset the clock then (I wasn't aware of the 6-year limit before).

I'm wondering if I should make a DPA request to find out what information they have on me, as that would include any written correspondence I might have sent them? Is that as risky as directly asking if they can prove the debt they claim I owe is not statute barred?
    Originally posted by NewStart2017

• counciltaxvictim
    • By counciltaxvictim 17th Jun 19, 8:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    counciltaxvictim
    Equita and my Council Tax arrears
    I would be very grateful for advice.

Many years ago I was unemplyed and in dire straights financially and not paying my rates. Despite everything they could try, they never got any money out of me because I simply didn't have any. If I had any, I would have paid. So they got some attachment orders and left it all on file. Then I got a job and they found out and the attachment orders kicked in. Then they ran out and I believed I had cleared my arrears. My last council tax statement, which used to show arrears at the foot, did not show any arrears any more.

So a couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, I get three letters from Equita demanding immediate payment of arrears, for three consecutive years back around 2010. I contacted the council who confirmed I did owe arrears and I protested about not knowing about them. "It's on your statement," they said. So I sent them a photo of it and it clearly is not. "We're not required to tell you you are in arrears," they respond, "You have to deal with Equita now."

Then I went away for ten days and on my return find a hand delivered Enforcement Letter. It covers one year of arrears although it doesn't say which, and includes a £75 compliance fee and more than £500 as an enforcement fee. The £500 amount is an odd number and looks clearly made up.

What is my best course of action? I am still struggling financially although if I have to do an income and expenditure report it'll not look like it. I'm paying friends back for earlier loans amongst other things. I am depressed although I haven't been clinically diagnosed because even to apply for it is depressing and stressful enough.

I'd like to pay the council back at £50 per month per year of arrears, which will still be a stretch at £150 in total, but that ought to clear them well within three years, which I remember from previous experience, the courts think is reasonable.

If you think I should do that, do I pay it directly to the council and how do I go about doing it in such a way that the payments are applied to all three debts, not just one leaving me doing nothing on paper about the other two?

The 'worst case' scenario is they get three new attachment orders which run consecutively. But they didn't do that, they Capita, sent it to their subsidiary company, Equita. Capita get a lot more money from doing that, maybe £600 on each of the three lots of arrears. Neither of them are going to be motivated to treating me fairly.

Is there any way of challenging the enforcement fee for unfairness? Or are they able to literally make up any number they like and it is legally payable?

With these being such old debts, does Equita have to abide by the new rules or the old rules of conduct? Or does it count from the time they initiated action?

I am well aware of the need NOT to let them into the house, but my car is parked on the drive. It's old, it's worth maybe £1200 and I need it to get to work. I remember from the last time I went through all this that they couldn't seize a car under those circumstances, is that still the case? There's no point parking it elsewhere because it was on the drive when they dropped off the Enforcement Notice so they know about it.

I have been paying my council tax in full and on time for at least the last four/five years now.

Thank you.
    Last edited by counciltaxvictim; 17-06-2019 at 10:27 PM.
  • StepChange_Patience
    Hi there

Thanks for posting on the forum.

Iím sorry to hear about the council tax arrears youíve previously faced and the mental health and financial difficulties youíre experiencing now.

If you feel youíre not getting any support for your health contacting your GP would be a good place to start with. There are also organisations like MIND who are a mental health charity who will happily help: https://www.mind.org.uk/

Without looking at your financial situation it would be difficult to say what you should pay to each of the council tax years, but if you feel the £50 per debt would be manageable it would need to be paid to the enforcement agent as they are now collecting that debt.

The enforcement agent fees are set, you can find out further information about this here: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/action-your-creditor-can-take/bailiffs/how-bailiffs-should-treat-you/check-bailiffs-fees/ and ways to complain if you feel that the fees youíve been charged are incorrect.

Our website also explains what creditors can and canít do: https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/bailiffs/what-can-bailiffs-take.aspx

From what youíve explained it would be useful to create a budget and I feel you should seek some impartial debt advice.

If you would like us to have a look at your circumstances, you can start a budget with us either online or over the phone and see what options we can suggest. There's no obligation to go ahead with anything we recommend and details of how you can contact us can be found here: www.stepchange.org/Contactus

I hope this helps.

Patience

I would be very grateful for advice.

Many years ago I was unemplyed and in dire straights financially and not paying my rates. Despite everything they could try, they never got any money out of me because I simply didn't have any. If I had any, I would have paid. So they got some attachment orders and left it all on file. Then I got a job and they found out and the attachment orders kicked in. Then they ran out and I believed I had cleared my arrears. My last council tax statement, which used to show arrears at the foot, did not show any arrears any more.

So a couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, I get three letters from Equita demanding immediate payment of arrears, for three consecutive years back around 2010. I contacted the council who confirmed I did owe arrears and I protested about not knowing about them. "It's on your statement," they said. So I sent them a photo of it and it clearly is not. "We're not required to tell you you are in arrears," they respond, "You have to deal with Equita now."

Then I went away for ten days and on my return find a hand delivered Enforcement Letter. It covers one year of arrears although it doesn't say which, and includes a £75 compliance fee and more than £500 as an enforcement fee. The £500 amount is an odd number and looks clearly made up.

What is my best course of action? I am still struggling financially although if I have to do an income and expenditure report it'll not look like it. I'm paying friends back for earlier loans amongst other things. I am depressed although I haven't been clinically diagnosed because even to apply for it is depressing and stressful enough.

I'd like to pay the council back at £50 per month per year of arrears, which will still be a stretch at £150 in total, but that ought to clear them well within three years, which I remember from previous experience, the courts think is reasonable.

If you think I should do that, do I pay it directly to the council and how do I go about doing it in such a way that the payments are applied to all three debts, not just one leaving me doing nothing on paper about the other two?

The 'worst case' scenario is they get three new attachment orders which run consecutively. But they didn't do that, they Capita, sent it to their subsidiary company, Equita. Capita get a lot more money from doing that, maybe £600 on each of the three lots of arrears. Neither of them are going to be motivated to treating me fairly.

Is there any way of challenging the enforcement fee for unfairness? Or are they able to literally make up any number they like and it is legally payable?

With these being such old debts, does Equita have to abide by the new rules or the old rules of conduct? Or does it count from the time they initiated action?

I am well aware of the need NOT to let them into the house, but my car is parked on the drive. It's old, it's worth maybe £1200 and I need it to get to work. I remember from the last time I went through all this that they couldn't seize a car under those circumstances, is that still the case? There's no point parking it elsewhere because it was on the drive when they dropped off the Enforcement Notice so they know about it.

I have been paying my council tax in full and on time for at least the last four/five years now.

Thank you.
    Originally posted by counciltaxvictim

• shopaholic2
    • By shopaholic2 18th Jun 19, 5:52 PM
    • 604 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    shopaholic2
    Iva
    Hello, Iím looking for some advice please.
    I entered into an IVA in February this year, with PayPlan ( which I thought was a debt charity but appear to be wrong!)
    Anyway my budget is incredibly tight and has just got tighter due to an increase in utility payments.
    I just feel like I canít maintain my payments but what other options do I have? If the IVA fails, what then?
    Itís my sons birthday next month and Iíve got nothing to give him and no spare money to buy him anything.
    My debts amount to approx 6k and bankruptcy isnít an option.
    Any help would be most appreciated
    Thank you
  • StepChange_Kirsty
    Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

Iím not sure if Payplan are a registered charity but like StepChange they do certainly provide free help and advice. With individual voluntary arrangements (IVAís) there are always feeís associated even with StepChange Voluntary Arrangements however theyíre built into the proposal and because you still only pay an affordable monthly amount, if your IVA completes then itís a cost to your creditors as they end up writing off more of your debt.

If youíre finding your monthly payments unaffordable, I would recommend speaking to Payplan to see if there is any scope for a review of your budget and payment considering your utility bills increasing. Hopefully they will be able to help you to find a way to continue with your IVA.

If your Insolvency Practitioner at Payplan recommends that the IVA should be terminated due to affordability, then the debts will go back to owing and it would be important to seek alternative debt advice by speaking to Payplan or you can seek advice from ourselves at StepChange. We do not suggest cancelling your IVA unless you and your own Insolvency Practitioner feel it is for the best.

I hope this helps.

Kirsty

Hello, Iím looking for some advice please.
    I entered into an IVA in February this year, with PayPlan ( which I thought was a debt charity but appear to be wrong!)
    Anyway my budget is incredibly tight and has just got tighter due to an increase in utility payments.
    I just feel like I canít maintain my payments but what other options do I have? If the IVA fails, what then?
    Itís my sons birthday next month and Iíve got nothing to give him and no spare money to buy him anything.
    My debts amount to approx 6k and bankruptcy isnít an option.
    Thank you
    Originally posted by shopaholic2

• fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 20th Jun 19, 6:41 PM
    • 13,954 Posts
    • 10,987 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Hello, I’m looking for some advice please.
    I just feel like I can’t maintain my payments but what other options do I have? If the IVA fails, what then?
    It’s my sons birthday next month and I’ve got nothing to give him and no spare money to buy him anything.
    My debts amount to approx 6k and bankruptcy isn’t an option.
    Thank you
    Originally posted by shopaholic2
    As far as your IVA is concerned, Payplan is an IP (Insolvency Practitioner) and I guess one view would be that they are much of a muchness these days.

Now with 6k of debt I am very surprised that you went for (were persuaded to go for) an IVA. A debt management plan of £100 per month would have been as effective in all likelihood.

As for what your options are now, why not pop over to the main dfw board and post a statement of affairs - we'll have a look at it.

Apologies to stepchange for butting in but I realise it is difficult for you to make comments about your main competitor.
    • Confusedbybanks
    • By Confusedbybanks 23rd Jun 19, 7:45 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Confusedbybanks
    Need help with budgeting
    Hi, my husband and I are having trouble budgeting. I get paid monthly but he gets paid weekly. I pay the monthly rent and most of the household bills at the start of the month which leaves me with barely any money left and then he pays me back rent money each week for the rest of the month. From the spreadsheet I use to keep track of bills we should have about £800 'spare' each month to cover food and any additional expenses so theoretically we should have some leftover for a few little luxuries like a trip to the cinema every now and then. But we are barely managing to get by each week. Can you recommend a budget app that would help us keep better track of things or anything else we can do? Thanks.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 23rd Jun 19, 8:13 PM
    • 3,753 Posts
    • 2,755 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    Hi, my husband and I are having trouble budgeting. I get paid monthly but he gets paid weekly. I pay the monthly rent and most of the household bills at the start of the month which leaves me with barely any money left and then he pays me back rent money each week for the rest of the month. From the spreadsheet I use to keep track of bills we should have about £800 'spare' each month to cover food and any additional expenses so theoretically we should have some leftover for a few little luxuries like a trip to the cinema every now and then. But we are barely managing to get by each week. Can you recommend a budget app that would help us keep better track of things or anything else we can do? Thanks.
    Originally posted by Confusedbybanks
    Probably best to start a new thread of your own and post a Statement of Affairs.

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php

'Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.' You may find keeping a spending diary useful, perhaps on your phone, listing all those little extras. Starbucks/Costa coffee, bought sandwiches, magazines, etc can add up to a lot every month.

You should try to build up some savings. Then it wouldn't mattered whether you or your partner were paid monthly or weekly.
  • StepChange_Joe
    Hello

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.

I appreciate it can be difficult to budget when your income arrives at different times through the month. While I canít specifically recommend any budgeting apps, you may find the following useful:

StepChange Debt Remedy self-help tool: https://www.stepchange.org/start.aspx.

Money Advice Service budget planner: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/tools/budget-planner

Money Saving Expert budget planner: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/Budget-planning/#bplanner

I hope youíve found this helpful.

Joe

Originally posted by Confusedbybanks

• Med1991
    • By Med1991 26th Jun 19, 2:19 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Med1991
    Finished University job ready but debts in meantime!!
    Hi there,

A bit of an odd situation here. So I have never had a great relationship with money and throughout university the situation has not really improved. I have many credit cards, you could argue that perhaps they are not all needed but that doesn't change the situation I find myself in. I have manged to keep on top of these, but I have just finished university so no longer have a regular income.

Thankfully I have a Job that is confirmed and I will start at the end of July. The salary for this Job is approx 37K plus I receive free accommodation, so plenty of disposable income to pay my debts! My question is what do I do in the meantime? Do I tell the companies this, will they even believe me? I don't want to go and receive a load of hassle for missed payments and charges or even worse more defaults, when I am able to pay very soon.

Any advice you can give would be gratefully received

Many thanks,

Sam
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,486Posts Today

7,402Users online

Martin's Twitter