Trail Running Shoes

Options
2»

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    shortcrust wrote: »
    I’m a bit sceptical of gait analysis in shops. I’ve been told contradictory things in different places.

I'd be even more sceptical if they are doing a gait analysis for trail shoes!
    Problem is that a gait analysis in itself isn't worth it unless you are looking at the full bio-mechanics. Not something that I have ever seen in a shop!
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • hareng
    hareng Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I usually go through two pair a year and tried most out over the last 10 years.
    I wouldnt get eat up over goretex, so far i have only found one thats waterproof a way too expensive Meindyl Philadelphia. Most you will be drenched walking in 1 1/2" high grass from the likes of several pairs of Saloman, Merrel, Mammut and many others all goretex GTX.

Most comfy are the Merrel Moabs by far, had 6 pairs plus 4 goretex.
    Pay a visit to GoOutdoors these are on offer fully recommend although currently on 2nd pair of these on the goretex version. https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/262098/merrell-moab-fst-men-s-shoe-262098
  • Novice_investor101
    Options
    I buy mine from decathlon, about £40-£50 depending on which you choose (or less if you want to get the cheapest ones - about £20). I wear them for walking/hiking, not running, & they have good grip & dry quickly when wet. Paired with wool socks, they're ace.
    I also use their road running trainers for my walk to work & back. They're well made, comfortable & last a long time.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 September 2019 at 10:49PM
    Options
    Make sure you go for goretex with the GTX in the model line..OK , the none goretex breathe better but even a little wet long grass will soak your socks pretty quick.Wet socks mean a better chance of blisters

Watch out for Salomon, try the pair on first if you can. .They are narrower and appear to be sized for the Asian foot. I bought a pair for trail walks thinking a size above my normal 9 would be adequate.. Its not. Still a tight squeeze for a 10.. The size 10 Scarpa GTX I bought were a wider and better fit and waterproof .I respray them after a few weeks to help the waterproofing along.The weight of the shoe is important in both trail running and long distance walking.Lower the better
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure