Civil Service - Help Please

Options

Comments

• sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the helpful answers. I can't speak to anyone as there are no phone numbers given, only email, so I cant speak to HR and I cant get help from the PCS (I tried!) as I'm not yet employed so not eligible to join and they wont help at all unless you are a member.

It makes a huge difference if it is 30/37ths or 30/42nds but given the way that the government is trying to reduce the wage bill and the poor t and c for new recruits I feel the need to be certain!

I must say the Civil Service recruitment process is a nightmare ....

Its definitely a little confusing but the salary is definitely worked out on 30/37. The paid lunch hour is used as full timers are required to take a lunch break and part-timers aren't. So if work 36.95 hours you don't have to take a lunch break.

If a full timer and a part-timer work 7.4hrs on the same day one has to take at least a 30 minute lunch hour and so the part-timer gets to leave 30mins early or start 30 minutes later.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just to muddy the waters I'm full-time and my overtime rate is my weekly salary/37 so the "paid lunch hour" doesn't really make any sense....
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    @parking eyerate - no, never posted on this forum, but was active an other well known forum for many years, upto about 3-4 years ago to carer responsabilities.

@readingtim. Firstly i have big hands with big thumbs, which is ideal when coupled with typing on a mobile, or tablet even, when battling autocorrect, especially when I'm dyslexic - so congratulations, your post said everything about you and how silly your post was, whilst saying nothing about me.

I guess only fools will try build a gold mine of failed humor in order to enrich themselves and make themselves feel better at the expense of others disadvantages!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @parking eyerate - no, never posted on this forum, but was active an other well known forum for many years, upto about 3-4 years ago to carer responsabilities.

@readingtim. Firstly i have big hands with big thumbs, which is ideal when coupled with typing on a mobile, or tablet even, when battling autocorrect, especially when I'm dyslexic - so congratulations, your post said everything about you and how silly your post was, whilst saying nothing about me.

I guess only fools will try build a gold mine of failed humor in order to enrich themselves and make themselves feel better at the expense of others disadvantages!

Do you need someone to take that shovel off you? Or perhaps best to create yet another account to distance yourself from this one.
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    @camelot - Nope, they made a childish comment so I replied in kind.

As for "yet another account" I think your confusing me with someone else (seems others maybe too). So however am being confused with seems to have some here paranoid or unnerved somehow, which probably explains the cold welcome and hostility to myself as a new comer here.

This is my only account here on this forum, I've no previous accounts on this forum.
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    @camelot - Nope, they made a childish comment so I replied in kind.

Did they? I very briefly read their comment and, as a neutral party, absolutely nothing jumped out at me as being childish... I honestly just skipped past it because, whilst I didn't really make any sense of it, the comment seemed to be either harmless or pointless. Maybe you're a bit sensitive?

As for "yet another account" I think your confusing me with someone else (seems others maybe too). So however am being confused with seems to have some here paranoid or unnerved somehow, which probably explains the cold welcome and hostility to myself as a new comer here.
    Well, in fairness it is unusual for a new user to become so invested in threads and be so headstrong. It does suggest a possible duplicate account... If that's false then no big deal like, but grow a thicker skin.

But surely you have to reflect on why this thread has descended into this sort of rubbish? Like, ok maybe some posters are a bit blunt but you've literally gone off on one because of nicechap's post. Re-reading their post, you can see that the majority was offering your some fairly good advice! And the bit you went off on one may be a huge misunderstanding on your part (I suspect ReadingTim can offer some insight)
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    I can see your point. But this isnt the only thread were nicechap made such comments. There is another one where he responded in similar fashion at roughly the same time. So yes maybe there was a cross over from the other thread. But that doesn't excuse nicechap or others flaming the situation by making jokes at my expense. And I think my response was fair one.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    I can't see anything wrong with Nicechap's post except possibly the reference to "ego"? But then my ego is relatively modest and I have the hide of a rhinoceros.

It would take a lot more than that to get a response out of me.
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    Yes it's, what he stated about providing a break down of hours to satisfy someone's ego. Not a precise quotation I know.

And given the posts hed made in other threads around the same time in response to mine, and the me asking for a clarity on the hours and numbers of day. It he was referring to me when he said "ego".
  • hyubh
    hyubh Posts: 3,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes it's, what he stated about providing a break down of hours to satisfy someone's ego. Not a precise quotation I know.

And given the posts hed made in other threads around the same time in response to mine, and the me asking for a clarity on the hours and numbers of day. It he was referring to me when he said "ego".

Give it a rest - you're derailing someone else's thread...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure