Holiday Pay.

Options
2»

Comments

• nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You will need to look at your wage slips to confirm or contradict what your wages clerk says. If you have received holiday pay for last year whilst off sick then you have no further claim for that year. You still have a claim for this year, pro-rata for the amount of year you are still on the books for, unless, of course they have paid it to you instead of sick pay like last year. That would be approx 8/12 of 28 days for April to Nov = 19 days.
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • outta_control
    outta_control Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 November 2018 at 10:59PM
    Options
    ok i officially went off sick 30th sept last year but i had a week off 16th-20th sick but used last week as hols as sick then thought i was ok to go to work 23rd-27th thats when it hit me really bad im sure i didnt use any hol pay from this year, well i couldnt as we dont get it till april. the only hol pay i had is the 2 weeks they save for xmas hols if you get me but from jan i had SSP up until it ran out and they will terminate my contract 20th of this month
  • Genuineguy03
    Options
    Sorry, but your probably going to have to run that by us again. Be bit clearer on dates, months, years etc please.
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ok i officially went off sick 30th sept last year but i had a week off 16th-20th sick but used last week as hols as sick then thought i was ok to go to work 23rd-27th thats when it hit me really bad im sure i didnt use any hol pay from this year, well i couldnt as we dont get it till april. the only hol pay i had is the 2 weeks they save for xmas hols if you get me but from jan i had SSP up until it ran out and they will terminate my contract 20th of this month

As per my previous post, you have 19 days from this leave year and any unused from last leave year. You say you had a week in Sept and 2 weeks at Xmas leaving 13 days unaccounted for. Did you have any holidays before you went off sick?
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • outta_control
    Options
    yes sorry we get 4 weeks a year + bank hols so i had 2 weeks in total as sick days and my 2 weeks at christmas totalling the 4 weeks does that make sense
    thanks gaz
  • outta_control
    Options
    Sorry, but your probably going to have to run that by us again. Be bit clearer on dates, months, years etc please.

Im sorry if im not very clear my brain is being battered by, high strenth codine, high doses of amitryptiline and citalopram and ibuprofen so im doing my best here.
    gaz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport