PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Plastic strips to seal opening in bedroom.

Options
Hi there,

To fix a leak the plumber had to cut a hole in upstairs bedroom wall to gain access to pipework.

its a one and a half storey bungalow so wall material is like plasterboard that goes on ceiling.

he cut a square out neatly and mentioned that I could get the joiner maybe to make a proper little opening with a piece of wood.

In meantime plasterboard is put back into place with a nail at each side and fits in well.

However I was wondering if its possible to get long strips of plastic about 50mm wide so I could seal the seams around the opening by either gluing or nailing these strips to the plasterboard door to wall so as to make it look even better., sort of like architrave but these strips if available would look a lot better than using floor skirting.

Thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family