Private Swimming Lessons Needed

Options
Live near Heathrow area, have been on my local council run sport centres waiting list for private swimming lessons for 6months now, they told me average wait is in excess of this due to shortage of instructors

Simple question - any ideas where I can find private swimming instructors.

I can swim but need to improve my technique so not a complete novice who has never swum before

All the private lessons advertised online via Google searches seem very restrictive in terms of availability location and timings

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Timpu
    Timpu Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try Art of Swimming.

Like you I could swim and wanted to improve my technique. I did local council run lessons for a year. I didn't particularly improve and frankly, it felt like I was back in primary school. In hindsight, I wish I had not wasted my money.

I heard about Art of Swimming and was lucky to find a course not too far away from where I worked at the time. I attended a group one so it was a bit cheaper than private lessons. It's not cheap compared with council run schemes but my technique improved dramatically. I ended up swimming 2-3km about 3 times a week, something I could not have done before. It was definitely worth the money.

No, I don't work for them. I recommended them to a colleague in a similar situation and she also found the course really useful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure