Csa

Options
i have a question regarding the child support agency and how it works

my sister has a interview with jobseekers direct regarding the csa,she is on income suport lone parent,they want to know if she wants them involved

if she doesnt and she has agreed an amount with ex how will that affect her benifit,and also how will it affect ex regading wages if it goes through csa?

she nor i know how it works so hopefully someone is knowledgable about this topic can advise
appreciate what you have got x

Comments

• Chellby
    Options
    Hi there.
    Basically when she goes to the meeting with the CSA Rep. she will have to tell them that she has a private arrangement with the father. What they will do is find out how much he is giving her a week. So for instance say its £30 a week. The Socal Security will deduct £30 off of the money they give her every week. Basically the money the father will be paying her will replace it.
    To be quite honest as income support isnt a fantastic amount of money i would suggest that she put it through the csa rather than have a private arrangement for the simple fact that if the father doesnt give the money one week she wont be left short.

hope thats helped
  • scooper
    scooper Posts: 986 Forumite
    Options
    hi thanks for that
    its that she is on good terms with ex and has agreed on a amount,but she has been told that she wont be able to do that as they will just say that he will have to give her that money if he wants to then it will also go through the csa,and he will have 20% of his earnings took out for his 2 children,so she is in a dilema,as she only wants what she needs,not most of his wages
    appreciate what you have got x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport