Electricity ripoff!! Please help folks

Options
Hello everyone,

I had a shock when I checked and saw how much we've been paying for our electricity through Budget Electric since our fixed deal expired.

Can any of you recommend a better value provider I could switch to? I'm currently paying by meter but I'd consider direct debit if there was a good provider that doesn't credit check.

Thanks so much for any help :)

Comments

• guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
  • kyral
    kyral Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    I was the same with budget, my electric went up by nearly £3 a week at this time of year! Changed to SSE, £20 free credit and saving £2 a week. 12 month contract on pay as you go.
  • I used the comparison and switched to airtricity online but got no confirmation email, no reference, nothing! I chose the direct debit method but am starting to reconsider.

Spent about 45 mins on the phone today between 3 different contact numbers & have been told I need to wait until the end of the month then call budget for a disconnection code, it isn't quite as straightforward as they made out!
  • guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My experience with them (about a year and a half ago): They switched me (didn't need a disconnection code) but communication was non-existent. After four weeks I switched to Budget (and switched soon after to Electric Ireland when they put prices up), got my first letter from SSE about a week later!
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try Electric Ireland
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure