Job seekers funding?

Options
Does anybody know if there some other ways of getting financial help, to go for HGV driving licence test other than going through the NEW DEAL scheme?

It's a long story, but being a woman doesn't seem to attract much simpathy in wanting a "man's job", like being a trucker...

Many thanks to whoever will answer me.

Comments

• vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi maria - are you eligible for the new deal scheme at the moment? what I mean by that is are you currently in a situation such as claiming jobseekers allowance?

the only other thing I can think of is starting up as a small business and getting a small business loan or a career development loan possibly.

depending on your age there are some schemes that you could try to approach for funding (its princes trust for under 30's and I can't remember the one for over 55's but there is one)

have you tried appraoching a company that is currently advertising for HGV drivers and see if they would take you on and pay for your course then take it out of your wages over a period of time, of course contracting you to repay if you terminate your employment with them?

I've not done any searches to see if there is specific funding but it might be worth you running a few searches on google or something similar using "HGV funding women" as your search parameter.

hth a little
    Blah
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family