cca and personal details

Options
hello,

I am currently owe my bank approx £9k split up from a loan and 2 overdrafts. 3 years ago I defaulted due to my work situation and it was passed from a bank to a DCA. I have been paying £1 a month to the DCA as a token payment.

I downloaded my credit file from Equifax, Credit Expert and Noddle. The loan is nowhere to be seen and this makes up the majority of the outstanding debt.

I requested my CCA from the DCA who passed me back to the bank. The bank still own the debt.
Following my request to the bank for my CCA's using my DCA reference number (I no longer have any details of the bank accounts ) they advise that I need to provide them with the sort code and account number.

Can this be right? Surely they should have details of the debts they have passed on to a DCA to chase me for?

Im really confused as what I need to next - are they just fobbing me off because I am trying to deal with this myself?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Dozy Debtor

The CAB representatives do not post at weekends. In the week, they aim to respond within two working days, so you should get an official CAB response in the next couple of days.

Hope this helps

Dx
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    hello,

I am currently owe my bank approx £9k split up from a loan and 2 overdrafts. 3 years ago I defaulted due to my work situation and it was passed from a bank to a DCA. I have been paying £1 a month to the DCA as a token payment.

I downloaded my credit file from Equifax, Credit Expert and Noddle. The loan is nowhere to be seen and this makes up the majority of the outstanding debt.

I requested my CCA from the DCA who passed me back to the bank. The bank still own the debt.
    Following my request to the bank for my CCA's using my DCA reference number (I no longer have any details of the bank accounts ) they advise that I need to provide them with the sort code and account number.

Can this be right? Surely they should have details of the debts they have passed on to a DCA to chase me for?

Im really confused as what I need to next - are they just fobbing me off because I am trying to deal with this myself?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

What is the issue you currently have, exactly?

Why do you now want a copy of your CCA?
  • CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative
    CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative Posts: 287 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi dozy-debtor, thank you for your query regarding cca and personal details.
    It is likely that the DCA account number relates to the overdrafts and not the loan so you would need to provide more details for them to trace the account but you should be able to give them the address you lived at when you took out the loan, the branch, your full name and date of birth and they should be able to trace it then. You can find more information about dealing with debts at www.adviceguide.org.uk
    Hope this is of assistance.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    I'd send the "Prove It" letter and get the DCA to prove the debt exists.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure