Question about household bills when unemployed

Options
Hi all,

I'm about to apply for bankruptcy. At the moment I am not working due to MH issues, though my partner is. I'm completing the bankruptcy form online and under the 'home and utilities' it says,

'Add what you contribute to your household's home and utilities expenses. If you don't contribute towards something, leave it blank.'

This is probably a stupid question but I'm just checking I'm reading this right. Does this mean as I am not working and currently have no income of my own I do not fill in this section as I don't personally contribute to anything (my partner pays - I've included his wage) - or does it mean leave the sections blank that as a household we don't contribute towards as it is not part of our expenses? for instance, we don't pay furniture rental, etc. Hmm I'm probably making this sound more complicated than it needs be but I'm hoping somebody knows what I mean. It just seems wrong not including our rent/ctax/bills payments when I've had to include his wages?

Please help....dying to submit this thing, I've been putting it off for over a year, and obviously have let things get even worse in that time so I'm eager to just bite the bullet and breathe a bit.

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you have no income at all and are not contributing anything then that's what you put on the form. If at some point during the 1 year you are BR your circumstances change, then you let the OR know and the SOA is adjusted accordingly. If the OR has questions about your SOA - they will ask them during your interview.
  • ladela
    ladela Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant, thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business