CAB work experience and legal-financial sector experience

Options
Hi everyone!

My sister has previously worked as an Admin for the Citizens Advice Bureau (Debt/Money Advice department) She was dealing with legal documents, forms and correspondence on a daily basis.

She wants to apply for a new job (Legal Clerk position) where they require experience within the legal-financial sector. She's unsure whether her previous role at the CAB is counted as having experience within the legal-financial sector?

Thank you.

Comments

• CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Fayee wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

My sister has previously worked as an Admin for the Citizens Advice Bureau (Debt/Money Advice department) She was dealing with legal documents, forms and correspondence on a daily basis.

She wants to apply for a new job (Legal Clerk position) where they require experience within the legal-financial sector. She's unsure whether her previous role at the CAB is counted as having experience within the legal-financial sector?

Thank you.

Hi Fayee - this is largely going to depend on the tasks for both roles, and whether your sister gained work experience in the CAB role that could count as 'transferable skills' for the new job. Admin roles will generally vary from one bureau to another. When comparing the CAB admin role with the new Legal Clerk one, we'd suggest that your sister asks her former line manager at the bureau if they would help confirm her understanding of what is transferable and what is not.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure