*****ALDI Super Six fruit and veg offers*****

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    2875379_1.jpg

New Aldi Super 6 from Thursday 18th January - Wednesday 31st January;

Shredded Kale 200g - 55p
    Snack Pack Grapes 170g - 55p
    Kiwi Fruit 6 Pack - 75p
    Pineapple Each - 75p
    Loose Mango Each - 75p
    Unwashed Spinach 450g - 75p
    Picks up where Lidl ends this week. I was surprised by the quality of the mangoes before Christmas (pecker up from me :D).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Quite a high rating on the parrotometer
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    2875379_1.jpg

New Aldi Super 6 from Thursday 18th January - Wednesday 31st January;

Shredded Kale 200g - 55p
    Snack Pack Grapes 170g - 55p
    Kiwi Fruit 6 Pack - 75p
    Pineapple Each - 75p
    Loose Mango Each - 75p
    Unwashed Spinach 450g - 75p

Thanks to jamiebradleylewis (HUKD)
    Are those prices before the reduction :eek:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Looks like even Aldi's are feeling the pinch with the special offers, never had kale I always thought it was something cattle ate for some reason :)

Pineapple looks good ,depends how big it is. Spinach is nice, but it disappears down to hardly anything when cooked.

I would rather have a chunky sweetheart cabbage at 65p it would last longer.
    Mangos are a bit like marmite ,like them or loathe them I don't mind now and again but 15/- for one mango seems a bit excessive :) (sorry I am at the age when I change it back to 'old' money and then think twice before I buy :))

Kiwis are the same category I would rather see some large oranges.

Lidls are doing a great offer of £1.35 for four large navel oranges and they are really good and very sweet Lidls grapes are 500 gms for £1.45 last week both white and red seedless and they too are really good value
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kale is delicious, do give it a try!
  • Teahfc
    Teahfc Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    Mangos are a bit like marmite ,like them or loathe them I don't mind now and again but 15/- for one mango seems a bit excessive :)
    We went decimal 47 years ago !

Kiwis are the same category I would rather see some large oranges.

The days of good deals on Citrus fruit are waining, Spain has bigger markets in Canada and the Middle East that pay huge amounts more than the U.K. retailers want to pay nowadays.

Lidls are doing a great offer of £1.35 for four large navel oranges and they are really good and very sweet Lidls grapes are 500 gms for £1.45 last week both white and red seedless and they too are really good value

I know one of the grape suppliers to Aldi be assured the quality of the Aldi supply are far superior to the Lidl supply base. You get what you pay for.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."

''Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.''
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Teahfc wrote: »
    I know one of the grape suppliers to Aldi be assured the quality of the Aldi supply are far superior to the Lidl supply base. You get what you pay for.

But do you know any of the suppliers to Lidl? If you do not how can you make a statement like that, I shop at both stores and find some things are better in one store and some things are better in the other.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    But do you know any of the suppliers to Lidl? If you do not how can you make a statement like that, I shop at both stores and find some things are better in one store and some things are better in the other.
    Does it matter? As you say, most of us vote with our purses - and I'm sure Lidl wouldn't hesitate to replace a poor supplier based on customer feedback.

Like you I shop at both stores - whatever's most convenient at the time and often what's on offer. Apart from a very few manufactured products, I make little distinction between the two.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • rhcp
    rhcp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kiwi and Kale now 49p, mango 65p.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    rhcp wrote: »
    Kiwi and Kale now 49p, mango 65p.
    The same as the offer prices before Christmas :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback