PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 13th April 2018

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Miserable grey day again looking forward to the promised sun next week feels like this winter is still dragging on.

Managed to get all my prep done yesterday so apart from email stuff I am taking me a day off ...dont tell the boss :D

Saying that I have lots of housey things to be cracking on with as I have friends staying for the weekend. Making a fish pie on their request so have bought a nice selection from Morrisons. We will probably go out on Sunday but I have loads in if we opt to stay in.

Bought some milton this week which I wanted for my tea stained mugs so I'm off using it for loads of other things too. Apparently if you add some to flowers in a vase they last longer.... ill try that later with my M&S lilys I treated myself too last week maybe drag another few days out of them.

Holly keep being strong love you are doing well and hopefully they will get their act together and communicate with each other soon
    AOD So jel thats no time at all :)
    silver-oldie that must be a hard conversation to have x

Have a good Friday all :A
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    Nelski I use denture cleaning tablets to clean my stained mugs.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 9:31AM
    Options
    Nelski, I've been well jel of the others, I am the last of my 'generation' to go in my part of our service. Colleagues jaws drop when I explain that yes, it is time to go now, I'll be 67 in a few weeks and reached pension age 6 years ago. I am sad for them, they won't have the choice, they may have to work until they are as ancient as me. They don't have the same pension rights, occupational pension I mean, goodness knows about state pension. Which I shall now claim.

ps I use winemakers steriliser, much cheaper.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Holly, I use ordinary bleach in my mugs.

We're on the move at some point today, not sure how far, the water levels have dropped and we are listing badly.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Dull and overcast here again I have washing everywhere, one load in the wm one in the td and a load on the airer ! for some reason we cant have the wm and td on at the same time (it shorts the electric) so I have to wait for one to finish before putting the other on !

Going to grab a bit of toast after this and then get out and do the shopping for the week, we normally go on a Saturday but as I am off I thought I would get it out of the way.

Takeaway and wine for dinner tonight :beer: so looking forward to that.

My forum look has completely changed this morning, it seems to have gone back to the old look, I have tried changing it under user cp but nothing ! Any ideas ??

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    redruby wrote: »
    Morning all

Dull and overcast here again I have washing everywhere, one load in the wm one in the td and a load on the airer ! for some reason we cant have the wm and td on at the same time (it shorts the electric) so I have to wait for one to finish before putting the other on !

Going to grab a bit of toast after this and then get out and do the shopping for the week, we normally go on a Saturday but as I am off I thought I would get it out of the way.

Takeaway and wine for dinner tonight :beer: so looking forward to that.

My forum look has completely changed this morning, it seems to have gone back to the old look, I have tried changing it under user cp but nothing ! Any ideas ??

Right better get on have good days all xx

Have a look here RR

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5818237&page=7

I prefer the old green look personally but I guess its just adjusting to something new :)
  • mehefin
    mehefin Posts: 628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs and spoons to those in need

another grey dull day in Mehefinland.
    Farrier came and but a nail in Scoobymare's shoe yesterday so she is no longer van clomp. Doing the proper job tomorrow.

Waiting for a delivery of hay at moment so killing time.just have to hump it over the field to the barn when it arrives. that will be fun, NOT

All for now,, brain fried.
    mehefin
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Holly, take it easy, you've been through such a lot recently.

Nelski, I'm so sorry you're op has been cancelled but it might be best for your safety. It's just annoying that they are blaming you for it!

Only a day until dd returns from Japan, we'll pick her up at Heathrow but will keep Ziggypup for another week as dd has a busy time at work. Ziggy had a mobile dogwash this morning so she's all clean and fluffy, we just need to find some dryish walks for the next couple of days.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Holly Please look at this link and contact them. I fear your going to go round in circles until you do.

I dont think i mentioned i fell down 4 of my stairs yesterday walking backwards down the stairs helping Blackun get down them. I think if i had not got so much 'padding' i'd have got a cracked rib or something as i landed against a sharp corner. Its one heck of a bruise though. Must be more careful in future.

Nelski I use a dessert spoon of washing powder in my mugs/spoons. Leave them to soak for an hour and any marks just melt off.

Onwards and forwards,

Have a great day all.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Neither of us here had a very good night, much chatting about " what ifs " etc :(.
    The window changes are still ongoing, 2 today and the new back door has been changed to the other way round :T. However no one knows if the plasterer will make it as he's not answering his phone, so Mr Fix It is pacing and can't rest! I think he's going stir crazy too, so we may go out for a while tomorrow, although I really need to do some washing :(.
    I have kept myself busy cleaning our bedroom from top to bottom. Phew one room done and dusted for now as it will need decorating in the future, but it is way down the list, the kitchen/diner is first in line !
    I have decamped to the clean bedroom for the afternoon, as the front lounge window is next and it's not very warm downstairs, although the weather is brightening up.
    We are going to treat ourselves to a chinese takeaway tonight and I'm looking forward to that. Diet gone for a Burton again.... oh well, never mind there's always next week ;).
    Holly my lovely I will gladly send you the Sandman and if necessary his accomplice, the happy Sandboy. Failing that I will write you an essay, that would send anyone to sleep :rotfl:
    Judi Ouch! Hope you are ok.
    Nelski I use ordinary bleach too, then put them through the DW.
    Hester hope you are no longer listing :eek:.
    AOD :T good news re the retirement date, hope it comes around very soon.
    I love comps many hugs. The situation with your mother is not pleasant and I understand how stressful it is.
    NMLC hope your F/F arrived safe and sound
    Hope everyone is having a goodish day, hugs to all and "get well soon" wishes to the poorly.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure