No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries January 2019

Options

Comments

• MsM09
    MsM09 Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh yes I’ve tried that before. Loved it for my face and smelt amazing. Definitely way better than the last one!

UU yesterday:

Lush ectoplasm shower cream WNBA great smell (like orange juice) and crazy yellow colour but as it’s a cream it doesn’t lather well and the smell doesn’t stay on your skin as some of their others do.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MsM09 wrote: »
    2 more UUs

L’Or!al kids shampoo - I bought this as I have coloured hair and was recommended as it’s gentle. It’s nice but not a fan of the mango scent. WBA when I redye my hair but iif you want a good cleanse or have oily hair you probably need something stronger

My hairdresser advised me to not use any hair products containing SLS (Sodium Laurel Sulphate) to help my colour last longer. I think the kids shampoo does contain it, also the scents used in some of the varieties are reported to be strong and cause irritation in some cases.

I always check out the labels for it now (same with toothpaste as I kept getting sore patches close to my mouth). HTH
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 January 2019 at 10:07PM
    Options
    Hi Happy New Year

This is my first update of the year

UU
    Waitrose Baby Butter Cream
    Avon Supreme Hair Shampoo
    Avon Supreme Hair Conditioner

IN
    Child's Farm Body Moisturiser

Total 110

Good start to the year
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    18 LUSH Puddy Holly bubble bar Emma gave me this for Christmas and it was lovely. Finished it in my bath today having chopped it into about 4 parts. So cold up in Stockport today. We went to the cinema earlier and it was cold in there too. Anyway nicely relaxed now.

I signed up for another FB page to send a gift to someone as a Random Act of Kindness and I, likewise, will receive something. Will report back if I decide to send something Beauty related.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • London_baby
    Options
    UU:

HIPP baby hair and body wash - WBA, very gentle cleanser and a little goes a long way. It's probably best to use in colder seasons if you're a sweaty betty like me as felt it was not adequate in the summer.

Nivea micellar water - WNBA, felt that it did not clean all traces of make-up properly.

Ins:

1 x Child Farm sweet orange hair and body wash - Needed to decant into travel shower gel container. This brand always seems to appear in articles in a certain right-wing paper so would be interesting to see if the hype is deserved.

2 x anti-antiperspirant roll-ons from Yves Rocher. This was a necessity/impulse purchase as I needed some during travel and the sale in Lyon was too hard to resist.

1 x Yves Rocher micellar water - GWP - handy for travel bag

1 x Yves Rocher jeunesse elixir
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    19 Elemis Overnight Matrix not a fan. WNBA.

Looking for new night cream. Any recommendations?
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • MsM09
    MsM09 Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    My hairdresser advised me to not use any hair products containing SLS (Sodium Laurel Sulphate) to help my colour last longer. I think the kids shampoo does contain it, also the scents used in some of the varieties are reported to be strong and cause irritation in some cases.

I always check out the labels for it now (same with toothpaste as I kept getting sore patches close to my mouth). HTH

Yeah it does but I think it has less than normal shampoos because of the risk getting into kids eyes etc. SLS is bad for colour but it’s also the chemical which actually cleans your hair, so I have oily hair and the SLS free shampoos do nothing for me but cause more icky build up :( I top up my purple every 8 weeks or so which is about enough
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU tonight:

Paula’s Choice Defense Nightly Reconditioning Moisturiser 60ml WNBA as this didn't react well with my skin. Used up on my neck. I must learn that Paula's Choice moisturisers don't agree with me, I never learn :/
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MsM09 wrote: »
    Yeah it does but I think it has less than normal shampoos because of the risk getting into kids eyes etc. SLS is bad for colour but it’s also the chemical which actually cleans your hair, so I have oily hair and the SLS free shampoos do nothing for me but cause more icky build up :( I top up my purple every 8 weeks or so which is about enough

Oh that must be so frustrating for you, my hair is normal and I have recently bought a Hask shampoo and conditioner which are leaving my hair looking and feeling lovely:) Your purple hair sounds lovely, for a while I had bright pink and purple highlights put into my grey hair:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    finished moisturizer

Hit pan on highlighter

on target for easter!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts