Lidl’s HealthForYou Fitness Scales

Options
I bought myself a set of Lidl’s HealthForYou fitness scales on Thursday, they are going back on Monday. I don’t think they are fit for purpose.

The scales will only talk to smartphones, but the App is my main bug it was a nightmare to set up and even now I’m not 100% sure if it is working correctly and there is no communication with other leading fitness apps or hardware. When I look at Bluetooth on my phone the scales are not picked up!

I’ve reset the scales twice and also deleted the App on my iPhone 6s but still can’t get the scales working

While I could possibly get the App problem sorted there are other issues e.g. you can't change units directly on scales,

Maybe other members have had different experience but until Lidl get App sorted and let it speak to other devices I’m afraid they will be getting many returns. I must admit I was surprised at Lidl letting a product this buggy onto the market

Kevin

Comments

• kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 January 2018 at 5:09PM
    Options
    Returned the scales to Lidl today and got a prompt refund with no fuss, cash refund there and then. This was a disappointing buy but it hasn’t put me off shopping at Lidl’s their goods are great value for money. Unfortunately the app let them down bigtime

Moving on I would like to get a pair of smart scales. I have a Fitbit HR2 the most obvious set would be Fitbit’s own scales, but advice and suggestions about other scales would be welcome
  • yard3uk
    Options
    I work with software/IT and agree it was not so easy to setup, in my opinion it is the instructions that are incorrect and the App needs installing first then it detects the device and can select the model from the list, it is not like a normal Bluetooth device and can scan for it from the phone/tablet in the Bluetooth settings as the instructions say, that aside once I got over that part been very impressed with it. I have the App on my iPhone and iPad and syncs the latest results with both when I open the App.

I can quickly set the viewing period by day, week, month, year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport