Immoral_angel's Debt Diary

Options

Comments

• immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ashli got her first tooth at 4 months from what I remember..
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • tumbleweed261
    tumbleweed261 Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    Oh bless her, poor little love - hope she's feeling better soon :)
    2007 Bronze Olympic Challenge: Total £1057.34 :j
    DFW Nerd 269: Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
  • chunky79
    chunky79 Posts: 732 Forumite
    Options
    Ashli got her first tooth at 4 months from what I remember..

Wow i am amzed all mine have been over 9 months never a seen a baby so tiny with little tussy pegs. How sweet! I actually cried when my dd broke her first tooth i felt like she had grown up :rotfl: I was only 19 though!

Has k settled down a bit now then? I hope so its hard work with a screaming baby isn't it.
    You can touch the dust but please don't write in it !

Would you like to speak to the man in charge, or the woman who knows whats happening?
  • immoral_angeluk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    K has been a bit better today.. she got a upset this evening before bed so we gave her some calpol and she settled down. Today has been much better than the past few days though but she's still clingy and unsettled. She did settle herself off to sleep in her crib earlier for the first time in a good few days so fingers crossed they're getting a bit less painful.
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • immoral_angeluk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oooh forgot to mention that today Ste spent £1.40 :D
    Tomorrow for his lunch he's got chili con carne along with his sandwiches and crisps. He buys a chocolate bar every day as well so he's going to look around for multipacks to see if we can save more. I feel good because it gives me a dual purpose for me cooking proper dinners. :D We may end up spending more on the food budget but Ste's saving loads on his daily spends so it's got to still work out a lot cheaper plus we're eating better. :)
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • trulymadlydeeply_indebt!
    Options
    Finally plucked up the motivation to go down the village. I really REALLY could not be bothered but had to as I wanted to do a chili con carne and hadn't got any tomatoes (even though we've got 5 cans of chopped tomatoes in the cupboard I'm on a 'fresh' obsession at the moment (Oooooh how OS! I've even been tempted to try making my own bread... HA! That'd be a laugh...). Got the formula milk from the coop £6.15 a bloody tin.. grrrr it's only £5.98 at tesco! The pharmacy sell it for £7.69!! Daylight robbery!
    Then went to the fruit and veg shop and bout a bag of carrots, bag of parsnips, a big cauliflower, broccoli and a bag of toms for £2.49!!!! Bargain!! Not only are they better for you they're cheaper too!!!

If anyone has any good 'bread without a breadmaker' recipes I'd appreciate them too.. I WILL try it one day when I pluck up the courage... lol!

Go down to your main supermarket in town and in the baking aisle you can buy little packets of bread mix. They're 79p (altho on BOGOF) at the moment - that's only 40p for a fresh loaf. They're dead simple to use. I hate to think I'm not using my cooker efficiently so what I do is say, if I'm cooking the main part of the meal say in your case sausage casserole (tried the recipe - VERY nice thanks!), then get a bowl out and a loaf tin and make your bread on the top shelf. I went to Wilkinsons and bout 3 loaf tins so do 3 at a time and freeze the loaves. They take a few mins of mixing and kneading, I then let it "rise" in the top oven for 30 mins (using the heat from the casserole in the bottom oven) and then pop the loaves in. Hey presto! And no need to buy extras like yeast etc., It's dead simple once you get into the hang of it. The varieties are great too. There's white, malty, mixed grain, sund dried tomato, cheese and onion, sunflower, garlic and herb focaccia. If you don't have loaf tins, then simply make them into rolls instead - which are quicker to cook but sometimes I end up with doughy rolls - haven't sussed out what I'm doing wrong yet.

Another OS tip - I'm really on a roll now LOL - whilst you're cooking your casserole/chicken etc., why not put a full try of baking potatoes in too. I do about 8 at a time and then you have a spud ready for other evening meals or Ste could take a spud to work for a change if he has access to a microwave - it only takes 2 or 3 mins to re-zap it. Sweet potatoes work really well too. Oh I could go on, and on, and on ..............
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • immoral_angeluk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Holy hell! I just checked ebay and the guitar is on £31 and a ps2 network adapter we had is up to £16!!! Mad! :D Most of them finish today but a couple finish tomorrow... god I love ebay! lol!

Also we had our 02 bills in and mine is £9.96 an Ste's is £21.59 which is about £10 less than I estimated :D Brilliant! Will update the bill total in a bit...

K wasn't too bad last night. She went to bed at 7.30/8 and we woke her up to give her a bottle at about 11.30 and then she went back to sleep til 6.45 this morning and Ste got up and gave her a bottle. :) Good job as I feel rough as anything today with a horrible chesty cough.. great....
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Miss_Scarlett
    Miss_Scarlett Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Poor little babe, I hope those teeth come through soon for her. Great news on the ebay stuff, it amazes me how much people will pay for things sometimes. I might try the bread idea, thanks truly.
  • immoral_angeluk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mrsspendalot - recieved the potty this morning.. Ash is fascinated by it and keeps wanting to put it on her head.. lmao.. Thank you so much! Going to carry on with the 'wee wees' today and see if she'll sit on it and see how we go. :)

Ebay stuff is up to £56.49! £31 for the guitar, £18 for the ps2 adapter, £6.50 for the lion kind and 99p for my old taekwondo belts... :D
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Miss_Scarlett
    Miss_Scarlett Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Mrsspendalot - recieved the potty this morning.. Ash is fascinated by it and keeps wanting to put it on her head.. lmao.. Thank you so much! Going to carry on with the 'wee wees' today and see if she'll sit on it and see how we go. :)

Ebay stuff is up to £56.49! £31 for the guitar, £18 for the ps2 adapter, £6.50 for the lion kind and 99p for my old taekwondo belts... :D

Are you going to show her how to use the potty? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport