Telephone Interview Complete

Hi,

So last week I completed my application on the Friday (13.4.18)
The application was accepted and approved on the 16.4.18, I checked the insolvency register today and sure enough my name is on it. I received my letters too send back to confirm I'm happy and give permission for them to contact my creditors and Inland Revenue.
Today I had a my telephone interview and I have to say it was the strangest telephone conversation I've had with any organisation.
The man that called me sounded like he was 90 year old and he either had a stutter (badly) or he was very nervous (maybe even more so than me). The whole call lasted for no more than 20 minutes probably would have been quicker if I hadn't asked a couple of questions...
I asked about keeping my car as I need it to get to work and I do alot of transporting my child to childcare, I mentioned the condition of the car but believe it's worth about £1400 to which thy replied "you'll probably be able to keep it..." not exactly a clear cut answer but okay fine.
I had mentioned about sometimes I have the ability to do overtime and asked about when would I need to inform them about change to my wages, now another strange answer "if your wages change alot" okay... so I asked what does this mean, stating most I have earned extra is about £250-£300pm to be told "okay so if you earn over that let them know, otherwise don't worry bnout it" That blew my mind as i'm now thinking I have just been given the go ahead of earn additional money and I don't even need to declare it???
That's 2 strange answers.. Next I asked about the possibility of paying an IPA, the answer "we will write to you and tell you if you have to pay anything" uurrgghh... said in a way which made me think what if I don't have to pay anything? So again I asked for clarity and asked will you write and tell me if I don't have to pay anything? answer "If you don't hear from us them you won't have to pay anything..."
Okay now at this point that's 3 very vague answers to 3 questions which have been causing me stress and anxiety thinking about them.
I even asked for timescales for when I was to hear from them again after I send my forms back, to another vague reply of within a couple weeks.. what does that mean??
Now I'm left feeling no different than I did before the phone call.
I don't know if they are going to let me keep my car, If i'm gonna be paying an IPA, How much difference my income has to change before I need to tell the OR or even if I will hear anything ever again... It's a really strange feeling indeed...
My inner chimp is going mental in my head wanting to know exactly where I stand and whats going to happen, the other side of me, my inner calm is telling me to relax, grab a beer, kick back and ride the storm.. your day 4 into your BR only another 361 days to go for now
All I can say at this time is that I feel happy that I've finally bit the bullet and I'm now Bankrupt but also sad as I am still living an unknown...
Sorry for the long post but I feel sharing with you guys is helping me relieve the stress I'm feeling.
Thanks folks. Peace

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I know it’s easy for me to say, but people do tend to overthink these things somewhat, in life you tend to get some who only offer the most vague advice, then there are those who go in depth into everything, you may of just randomly been assigned the former today, that’s all.

I can’t comment on your car or other assets, but usually they are only bothered if your earnings rise significantly, a bit of overtime here and there is just normal fluctuation.

Likewise if you have more than £20 per month disposable income available, you are likely to get an IPA.

Bankruptcy is a major upheaval in life, and a bit more in-depth than other insolvency solutions, but it’s not the end of everything, as many people think, you are allowed to have a life as well.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Hi my car had a value of around £1400 which I think is borderline, as they have to pick it up and sell at auction the fees can make it not to be in their interest.
    I got to keep mine as at the time I travelled for work.
    fingers crossed for you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport